Hello from PA - Glad to be here

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wistful vista

Reaction score
Hi everybody;  it's great to be here as a member (finally). I've been lurking around and watching Bob's videos (and others') for about a year now.  I'm learning all I can (and taking notes) and hoping to build my own mobile retirement home for when I retire within the next 2-3 years.  I have already learned so much from Bob's videos and from this forum, and I hope to learn more as a member.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

wistful vista said:
Delaware Valley :)

We're practically neighbors.  :)

I'm on my way to Florida now for the winter. But the van is registered in PA, so every summer I have to pop up for an inspection (and to visit my sis).

lenny flank said:
We're practically neighbors.  :)

I'm on my way to Florida now for the winter. But the van is registered in PA, so every summer I have to pop up for an inspection (and to visit my sis).

Howdy neighbor. :)

I'm still in the planning stages, but when I finally take the plunge I'll register my van in PA too.  BTW, did you register your van as a motor home, and if so, was it a difficult process here in PA??

wistful vista said:
Howdy neighbor. :)

I'm still in the planning stages, but when I finally take the plunge I'll register my van in PA too.  BTW, did you register your van as a motor home, and if so, was it a difficult process here in PA??

To be an RV, you have to have storage tanks and an external hookup (that was for the insurance). So I am registered as a "truck".

Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Registration Fee Discounts. If you are a retired person, you can register your automobiles for a $10 fee instead of the usual $36. To apply for retired status registration, please complete form MV-371.

Eligibility
Any Pennsylvania resident who is retired and receiving Social Security or other pension and annuities that do not exceed $19,200 annually.
Qualified applicants are limited to only one passenger vehicle or truck with a registered gross weight not more than 9,000
lbs., that may be registered for the $10 processing fee.

https://www.dot.state.pa.us/Public/DVSPubsForms/BMV/BMV Forms/mv-371.pdf

lenny flank said:
To be an RV, you have to have storage tanks and an external hookup (that was for the insurance). So I am registered as a "truck".

jacks18614 said:
Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Registration Fee Discounts. If you are a retired person, you can register your automobiles for a $10 fee instead of the usual $36. To apply for retired status registration, please complete form MV-371.

Thanks for the replies.  Is the "truck" insurance much more $ than "RV" insurance?

Wistful vista, how exciting! You'll have to keep us updated - pics and all!! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk