Hello from Merrill, Wisconsin

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capngloval

Reaction score
I just wanted to say that i stumbled upon your great website thanks to youtube, and I love it. 

I am personally disabled and can't drive, so I don't forsee myself ever being able to live that lifestyle, but it speaks to me and calls to me.

I am 47, I am a huge computer IT geek with an a++ certification in computer repair and a Linux systems engineer certification, which really only means I have the super power to bore you to tears in seconds flat.  :D 

I have a sweet 15 year old dog named Mojohowitz. He's a rat terrier. (When I named him, I thought the old cop from barney miller was spelled that way, turns out I really murdered it, and it's actually  Wojciehowicz.) I didn't know i mispelled it until 3 years after i named him, so it's stuck now. :D 

My biggest pet peeve is fake people, and that's one thing I love about your channel, i have yet to notice a "fake person" on there yet.

Thank you for letting me take a moment to introduce myself.
-Denny

Attachments

• KIMG0015.jpg
    KIMG0015.jpg
    656.9 KB · Views: 5
Hey Denny... I’m just over on the range in Minnesota. Iron range that is...
I’ve hauled canoes out of your area in the past...
Just wondering how the winters there effect you. I’m not spending another winter here. I’ve had a number of health issues myself including cancer stuff. I was in a neck brace for two years and just a few weeks south a couple years ago got me outta the brace. Now I have direct problems weather related again. So again south I must go. With your it experience and qualifications, you could probably be a great asset wherever you plant yourself.

I have mobility issues, so ice is my worst enemy. I would love to move south, but my heart is here. If I had no family, I wouldn't be in wisconsin. I love wisconsin, but wisconsin is actively trying to kill me with these treacherous icy conditions. I fell way too many times last year. As for work, because of my illness, it is sporadic at best, but I do keep my hands in things by running a not profit seeking organization called denny's computers. we service computers for free, or simple donations if people wish. http://dpccom.blogspot.com/.

I've done a decent amount of fishing myself in minnesota, just a stone's throw from the border at st croix.

Welcome Denny and Mojo to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

No need to leave Wisconsin permanently; just for the winter months. Find a way to stay south then and return home when things are warmer.

I like Mojohowitz better than Max Gail's character name. Do you call him Mojo for a nickname?