Hello from the Swamp

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew they were mud beaches, but I read Rutherford has tons of shells. Aren't the beaches at the eastern end of Louisiana white sand beaches?

So Skin-So-Soft really works?
I personally have never been to a Louisiana beach that was a white sand beach, unless it was man-made and maintained as such.

I only explained it because people usually think all beaches are white-sand and usually express disappointment in our beaches. People don't always know that beaches come in all sorts of colors... ours just happen to be brown.

And yes... I swear by Skin-so-Soft. Avon makes a more specific bug repellent, based on SSS... but I prefer the original.

If you can work remotely you can become a snow bird, north or high elevation in summer, back with your Louisiana family for winter. A change of scenery is very refreshing. The Grand Canyon country is high elevation as is northern New Mexico and Colorado so no need to go way up north to get cooler temperatures.