Hello from Ehrenberg

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeRange Ray

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Ray and I just arrived in Arizona from Pennsylvania. I'm in my van at the BLM area just south of Ehrenberg looking down on the gravel pit for my second night in Arizona. It's a little colder than I expected. Hope to meet up with some of you fine people soon. I have to start work in a few minutes so I'll be back tonight.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Ray! Are you hoping to meet up with the Ehrenberg Caravan? They'll probably be pulling out tomorrow or the next day and heading to Bouse. Info - https://www.cheaprvliving.com/caravans/ but some people may stay behind. Hope you're planning on attending the RTR in January!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome, Ehrenberg is a fun spot. I have spent a little time there in past years. Many gather up the road a bit where you will find an upper plateau kind of area if you haven't already discovered it. I remember a few freezing nights in December/January. Fortunately the days warm up even as they get shorter.

I won't be down that way for another month but great to hear you safely arrived in the area. The laundromat/store/showers in Ehrenberg is a great resource. I've met many fellow nomads there as well. Once again welcome! I hope to meet you at a future gathering.

Cliff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to Arizona Climate zones Ray.  People all over the world misjudge how freaking cold the desert can be on a clear night.  Tonight is just such a night I think.  Sun will be strong during the day; don't get a sunburn...  and as soon as the sun starts to set.  I'm hoping you are snuggling in... yeah?

RVWandering, thanks for the information! I don't have any plans at the moment. Maybe I'll move up the hill tomorrow and meet up with the Ehrenberg caravan. I didn't realize this was going on.