Hello from CA

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crab

Reaction score
Hi.  New member here.  Been watching Cheaprvliving on Youtube for a while.  My plan to go nomad is taking shape. 60 yrs old, single, daughter is off to college next year, and I can't see myself continuing to pay rent here. Work is hard to find, I left a job of 11 years and a lot has changed in my industry, and I really don't care ;).   

I'm outfitting my 94 Ranger ext. cab pickup for camping just because that's what I already own.  See you on the trails.

Welcome Crab to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Hi Crab! and welcome  :D
Do you have a camper? what kind?  I have a Silverado crew cab, and can't make up my mind whether to get a pop up camper, like the Four Wheel kind, or a small, converted cargo trailer.  Decisions, decisions.
RollingOm

Welcome from a fellow Californian!

I'm down at the other end of the state in south Orange County down in Southern California.

crab said:
Grass Valley.

I was in Grass Valley once. I was doing some marketing for Grass Valley Switchers and they flew us up from Newport Beach in their company plane.

I'm not in CA right now, but I spend part of each year nomading around the state. I lived there for 20 years, part of it in So Cal, part in the Bay Area.

Grass Valley and Weed were funny to some people back in the sixties.

I'm also in Northern California - top of the state... Klamath River Valley. A nice place to visit and boondock on National Forest land... not so much in winter, though. Springtime is nice, and early summer.

Wow, a quick CL search shows that rent in Grass Valley is getting pretty darn high! It's sad when you can't leave the Bay Area and expect to find affordable rent further north.

I've been to GV a few times for the bluegrass festival, and considered moving there a few years ago to drive a school bus, but now I'm glad I didn't. I'd go broke trying to pay the bills.

Welcome to the board!

Latest posts