Hello Everybody! - Two More Newbies!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Dawg

Reaction score
Hey everybody! My wife and I are in the process of getting our 1989 Step Van built out and ready to hit the road full time. Can't wait! We are just getting started so I will probably have a ton of questions for all you step van experts. The van has already been gone through from front to back by my son who is a diesel mechanic. We are in our late 50's and realize retirement isn't what it used to be and would love to join ya'll in that great lifestyle all of you enjoy so much! We enjoy blacksmithing and woodworking so maybe we would add some value to your group. We really enjoy reading everybody's posts. Lots of great info in them! Thanks, Road Dawg. Oh ,by the way, we are from middle Georgia.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Road Dawg! Please keep us posted on your progress and don't hesitate to ask about anything. With your woodworking skills you'll be able to create a very comfortable traveling home.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome aboard Road Dawg !
No question is a dumb one , ask away !!!
And,,,we will want to see lots of pics . Before during and after that build ......

Thanks everyone for all the welcomes! Looking forward to getting to know ya'll better

Hello and welcome.

Sounds like an awesome van.  Would love to see it sometime.

Gee, Road Dawg,
Your hobbies include woodworking and blacksmithing and your son is a mechanic?? You two were MADE for this lifestyle. LOL

Are you planning to drive out of Georgia before the summer sauna season starts?

rvpopeye said:
Welcome aboard Road Dawg !
No question is a dumb one , ask away !!!
And,,,we will want to see lots of pics . Before during and after that build ......

We will definitely be posting pictures, my wife takes millions. The kids run when they see her with a camera!

WriterMs said:
Gee, Road Dawg,
Your hobbies include woodworking and blacksmithing and your son is a mechanic??  You two were MADE for this lifestyle. LOL

Are you planning to drive out of Georgia before the summer sauna season starts?

Hey WriterMS, I wish we could leave before summer, We both hate hot weather. I'm still working and need to get the van like we want it.

Welcome! I look forward to following your adventures. :)

I will enjoy to follow your questions and learn. Is also working to become ready to meet al the lovely people on the road.

:) Maxine from Denmark

Maxine said:
I will enjoy to follow your questions and learn. Is also working to become ready to meet al the lovely people on the road.

:) Maxine from Denmark

We look forward to following you and your progress also! Good luck!