hello again!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonnieE350van

Reaction score
after several months of not being able to post on the forum I finally figured out how to fix my problem...
I have been checking the activities here though all this time...
glad to be back...
survived the winter months in Texas although I did have a few mini-meltdowns especially when the weather got
squirrelly, then loaded up the van with some of my ex travel partners stuff to bring to him in Maine, where I am now
staying for the summer.  naturally he has a list of projects that he wants to do, but can't do himself, so
I have been drafted AGAIN...
weather here has been too hot and humid for me to get a whole lot accomplished, biggest priority being to get
a chicken pen built for the 12 chickens he bought in March and kept in his cabin in a big box which they quickly outgrew...
ground here is so rocky and unlevel that it is quite a challenge to build something quickly, meanwhile they have been moved outside
into a portable dog kennel til something bigger can be erected... then on to something else like a bridge, walkways etc. so he can get
around without stumbleing and falling...
I am hoping this will be my last trip here to work as I really don't like Maine...we shall see what happens...

Have run into a bigger problem that I need some advice on...I contacted my auto ins. co. recently to let them know that the
van was now pd. off and to remove the finance co. as the lienholder...no problem there, but a few weeks later they contacted me
to say they would not be renewing my policy once it expires because I do not have a physical address for them to determine
how to cover me...I explained the address on file was declared a legal address by the TX supreme court but they were adamant
that because I did not physically live at that address it could not be used for insurance coverage...After 40 yrs. with the same co.
I now have to find someone else to get insurance through...have looked online at other companies but finding coverage for full-time
RVing when I don't have a traditional RV is not going well...what are some of your experiences? how do others here get insurance?
open to suggestions...thanks in advance for any help folks here can give me...

Can I take it that you are using Escapees as an address.

If so then ask them which insurance company they recommend.

Some companies will only take a commercially made RV, some will only take RVs' over 20' (I ran into that problem years and years ago), some will take full-timers, some won't. There's generally an insurance company for every need, just have to find the one suitable for your needs.

If you're not with Escapees, then it might be a good idea for you to join.

Hi almost there, yes I am an escapees member...only use their mail forwarding service...the few times I have been to
Rainbows end in Livingston to pick up mail in person when in the area I didn't get the warmest reception from folks...
I don't have an RV just my van and that isn't self contained so I've not been able to stay at their facility...still have a little time before insurance is cancelled so when I get back to TX I'll check with them and see if they can offer any help, if I don't figure something out before then...Thanks for the suggestion though...