Heating shower tent?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havent read every response and I dont know what kind of tent you have or how much space is in there but what about a low tech approach? Might be difficult and darn sure time consuming but what about heated stones? (The type that dont explode when heated. Like sauna stones.) Maybe warm some in a fire nearby and put them on a platform in the tent. Then either leave them inside to radiate the heat or allow the water to drizzle onto them and make steam just like they do in a sauna. Just an idea.

Be sure you let us know when you get around to trying to use a heater...or not. It would be fun to see some real world results.

Has anyone suggested a small wool blanket?  Take that nice, hot shower and wrap up for the trip back to the van where you could meet up with a hot drink from a thermos.  Alternatively, a heavy poly-fleece bathrobe could do the job.

The trip back to the heated van won't take long I can promise you that Lol.

I just did a driveway test run and that Zodi shower heater gadget makes really hot water for the shower so as somebody mentioned earlier maybe it will be sufficient to heat up the the pop-up shower enclosure enough to take the chill off while I'm showering will just have to wait till I get up in the cold to try it all out. I don't mind the cold except when I'm wet it seems to go right through me.

Troutbum said:
I don't mind the cold except when I'm wet it seems to go right through me.
Wet and cold makes you vulnerable--even well above freezing.  Wool insulates when wet.  I've made many trips from hot springs to the van on chilly nights wrapped in a robe to hold in body heat and stayed warm.  I don't like cold.

I use a wool wrap going to the shower tent. Never been cold in the shower. I have been cold jumping into freezing rivers but that was intentional.[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
My last shower tent was a Giga tent.  It was strong and roomy (4X4) and had many places to hang things like a heater. It was see through on the sides so I had to use a tarp for privacy and had an awkward zipper door so I recycled it at end of season.     ~crofter

I recommend you get one of the big microfiber yoga mat towels to wrap yourself in as soon as the shower is over. That will suck the moisture right off of you but it will dry pretty quickly. But look for one of the ones that has a soft smooth feel to the fibers. Some of them will feel like a cats tongue if you rub them across your skin. However even those work great but the trick to using them is to blot the water off instead of using rubbing motion as you would with a cotton bath towel.

The big yoga mat towels are also perfect for drying off a big dog, for that the work way better than a regular bath towel. I keep my eye out for them at the local thrift store where I can pay $3.00 instead of $19.99.