Hearing aids in Mexico?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with purchasing quality hearing aids in Mexico? I’ve searched the forum including post content and get no results, but I’m on a steep learning curve with the search engine. I’ll google and share what I find, for future searchers.

Looks like there is a family owned company that does hearing aids and optical aids a very short walk from the border crossing.
https://www.bordercrxing.com/digital-hearing-aids.html

I don't think you will have any trouble finding help for this. The machines that test hearing are very likely the same models that get used in the USA. The premium quality hearing aids will also be available in both countries. But double check and make sure that the brand you get can be serviced in the USA because if you are traveling you want the product warranty to be valid in the USA and also easy to find repair service or replacement.

Hello, guys! I'm looking for hearing aids. What brand can you recommend?

The laws have changed so now hearing aides are available over the counter. But buyer beware. You get what you pay for. Try them first and don’t be afraid to say no.

Maki, that link specifically for the hearing aids is 404.

The base site still exists for medical and dental services.

Digital hearing aids need to be tuned for individual hearing losses at different frequencies.

Can't see buying something like that off the shelf.

It's not as easy as reading glasses.