Heard any good music lately ;?D

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Free The Robots - Diary
[video=youtube]

I'm addicted to this sound. I'll let Wikipedia describe it..

Free the Robots pulls together jazz, psychedelic music, electronic music and hip hop, with progressive melodies and devastating drums.

I like to get into some good satirical music now and then. Weird Al is always a favorite.
But once in awhile The Muppets come out with a really great one!

Laughed myself silly listening to this one! :D

Fela Kuti - Teacher Don't teach Me No Nonsense
do not even get me started on this thread,,,, please

Sonique - It Feels So Good (Original 1998 Video Version) HQ
Ok going for a nap now

LeeRevell - I almost blew my cover over the muppet video. I can see it now...

*DOOMDOOMDOOM*
Fuzz: What's going on in there?
Me: (eyes full of laughter-tears) Oh nothing officer, just watching me some muppets.
Fuzz: Oh, well in that case carry on, strange, bearded, van man."

I'm also a Weird Al fan. Grew up listening to his work before hearing many of the original songs. I was super happy for him earlier this year when he got his first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200. He certainly deserved it.

I think he's planning on doing more singles now that he's out of his 30 year contract.

Wagoneer - Thanks for the introduction to Afrobeat music. I love discovering new genres. That Fela Kuti seemed like quite the character. Saw a quote that discribed him as "Che Guevara and Bob Marley rolled into one person." Very cool.

Wuz a deejay in the day, Pine and Fillmore SF "Diamond disco" lived around the corner from 2 Jamaican guys importing records from home
bought a lot of single 45's 1973 selling them for buccu bucks these dayz. Bob Marley had short dreads and was a wannabee

This one gets me every time.
[video=youtube]
"Streetlight Manifesto is an American ska punk band from New Brunswick, New Jersey formed in 2002."

Like this one 2Cellos-Thundersruck

A SEEKER

gsfish said:
A good friend of mine has a son that is one of two drummers with the Tedeschi Trucks Band. They played here in town tonight and I was fortunate to be gifted a box seat ticket. Awesome show in an awesome venue! Tried to post a couple pictures but they wouldn't attach.

Guy

Awesome! The boy can play and the girl has got some pipes!
I have not heard bob Dylan's new album but I heard it is some of his best work since the 60's. I think they said it is all (or mostly) Sinatra covers and is just a three piece band.