Hardwood floors

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobilesport

Reaction score
If you put hardwood floors in the cargo area what flooring  do you put in the cab area?
It seems to me that you would need to buy a molded mat or carpet of some sort that will fit the shape

When I did mine, I just cut the carpet behind the seats and left the original carpet in the cab area. A simple transition trim piece can help meld the two different flooring treatments together.

I've also seen rhino liner used up front to replace the carpet, but then you lose some noise deadening and thermal insulation from the engine

Mobilesport said:
If you put hardwood floors in the cargo area what flooring  do you put in the cab area?
It seems to me that you would need to buy a molded mat or carpet of some sort that will fit the shape
The Savana came with a 2 piece flooring - the molded rubber floor in the front stayed, the wet, yucky large piece in the back was armwrestled out by the guy who did the bodywork for me. Then I scrubbed the metal floor clean, painted a few spots that needed it and carried on. I used a transition piece from H/D to edge the rear floor and tucked the front rubber mat under the edge.

BTW, IMO you really want to use vinyl flooring instead of hardwood. The van floors are subject to a lot of abuse, think of it like your entryway or mud room in a S&B....wet shoes, mud, sand, pine needles, wet clothing, spills in the cooking area.

There's lots of great vinyl flooring out there that looks as good as if not better than true hardwood and will stand up to the abuse a whole lot better.

Almost There said:
The Savana came with a 2 piece flooring - the molded rubber floor in the front stayed, the wet, yucky large piece in the back was armwrestled out by the guy who did the bodywork for me. Then I scrubbed the metal floor clean, painted a few spots that needed it and carried on. I used a transition piece from H/D to edge the rear floor and tucked the front rubber mat under the edge.

BTW, IMO you really want to use vinyl flooring instead of hardwood. The van floors are subject to a lot of abuse, think of it like your entryway or mud room in a S&B....wet shoes, mud, sand, pine needles, wet clothing, spills in the cooking area.

There's lots of great vinyl flooring out there that looks as good as if not better than true hardwood and will stand up to the abuse a whole lot better.

Yes , indeed
Vinyl thumbs up
I've been looking and they have nice looking flooring to suit many peoples taste.

Mobilesport said:
Yes , indeed
Vinyl thumbs up
I've been looking and they have nice looking flooring to suit many peoples taste.

WHILE IN LOWES THE OTHER DAY I NOTICED A "PEEL & STICK" VINYL TILE THAT LOOKED LINE STONE FLOORING.  i THINK WHEN i GET TO NEW FLOOR COVERING IN MY POP UP IF I DON'T ATTEMPT A PAINTED FLOOR DESIGN THAT I'LL GO WITH VINYL SQUARES AS I HAVE USED THEM BEFORE IN A WOOD PARQUET PATTERN AND THEY WERE EASY TO CUT AND LAY.  THEY LOOKED GOOD I THOUGHT FOR MY FIRST TRY AT THEM...I DID A MASTER BEDROOM FLOOR IN A OLDER MOBILE HOME.                                               TJB