Harbor Freight Class Action money back

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have yet to recieve anything from any of the class action suits I filled out.  IMHO, they are just a way to make lawyers rich and gather email addresses for spam.  :dodgy:

~~~ JMHO ~~~

I have actually received a few dollars from these kinds of suits.
We received a brand new dehumidifier from Danby, when I found that some of their humidifiers had been recalled and we owned one of them. While we were at camp the last time, we had a new one delivered and it works very nice too. Of course the old one worked well too, but hey, a new one for free, I'll take it. lol
I have also received a few dollars for some Kashi cereal that i bought and it was a suit about the price, I think, but a few dollars here, a few dollars there, they all add up.
Sharon

This is settled, not pending. So the lawyers already got their cut. One of the few I've seen where the settlement wasn't worthless discounts, other than for the lawyers who got cash.

GotSmart said:
... IMHO, they are just a way to make lawyers rich and gather email addresses for spam....

I agree on the lawyer part, but what about retribution!! lol. Maybe it will make them think twice, however, I doubt it. Just the cost of doing business. No idea what the settlement was, but until the settlements surpass the profits PLUS the fine, this is still a money maker for companies. Who cares about their reputation anymore.

EDIT: Thnx for the heads up blars, def worth it if someone kept reciepts!

GotSmart said:
I have yet to recieve anything from any of the class action suits I filled out.  IMHO, they are just a way to make lawyers rich and gather email addresses for spam.  :dodgy:

~~~ JMHO ~~~

I received  $100 from a Wells Fargo class action. lawyers prolly earned a billion.

GotSmart said:

~~~ JMHO ~~~

I got $600 a few years back for a class action suit against Walmart.  Something about them not paying for overtime.  I worked there during my junior and senior year of high school.  

Other than that big one, i've got a few smaller checks ranging from 2 to 50 bucks.  

There's another one going on right now where no proof of purchase is required for items bought containing lithium ion batteries.....laptops, cordless tools, etc.

https://www.reversethecharge.com/

Latest posts