Grown Up Talk About Van Sex

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't need spinach or anything else......must be a musician thing ????
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it !

Yup yup

Interesting thread...

We have a travel trailer. The Stabilizer jacks help a bit, but I don't think you guys in vans are gonna install them, and then go out and crank 'em down when the mood strikes, or ever, and electric jacks are not cost effective.

You just have to develop a method we call camper sex, but we've been married for 15 years, so have had time to prefect it. You're not gonna knock lamps over this way, but it is satisfyingly good, knowing you're getting away with something. :p We've snuck in nooners at events with people all around and nobody was the wiser...so we think. Part of it is we take afternoon naps, and when it's hot and the genny and AC are running, that helps too.

Zonie
I really try to not answer posts with song lyrics but I spent so much time jamming them in my head....."Slow Ride , Take It Easy"

We've all heard rock climbers do it against the wall... I propose a new bumper sticker: "Vandwellers do it wherever the fk they want."

Gideon33w said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah ... I know this is the internet and everyone is just itching for a chance to be crude (less so on here though) but I'd like to have a real conversation on the topic.

For those of us in small RVs, Vans, Campers, and cars ... Sex is an issue ...

We live in an object with minimal sound deadening, standing on 4 flexible legs, that requires some type of ventilation pretty much constantly.

This means vehicle movement and noise for those of us engaging in frisky activities. 

Furthermore, even a fully blacked out setup can leave you open for an indecent exposure case should the police arrive to figure out why your van is parked but moving like its full of angry livestock.

So, besides typical stealth ideas ... What is the best option? 

And once again ... Please be adults ...

Reminds me of the time I was at a rest area. Gay couple pulled their doors closed (Toyota) and went at it...No biggie, but yeah it WAS shaking. I think most people would sit, smile and unless they knew you, wouldn't say "Boo" about it.....I'd say that a roof vent would help with the air....

If you're worried about  an "ID" charge. The cops understand people have sex in vehicles....I'd have a large towel nearby JIC......

nobodyG17 said:
Someone please point me to the thread for people who refuse to grow up so that I may participate in the discussion.

I resemble that.  Why don't you start such a thread?

The BR quote is probably my favorite of all moviedom.

You probably caught the Tannhäuser Gate reference and tats on Curt Russel in Soldier.

Gideon33w said:
Indecent exposure laws will bite you because they don't mean what they appear to mean. You only need be in a vehicle in a public space. The fact that nobody can see you doesn't actually matter. Similarly, look at the people who have done similar at night but within 100yards of a school zone. There aren't any kids around but now you are a sex offender.

That's a really good point. I make an effort to avoid spots near school zones when my bf and I are in the mood, but it's not always predictable and by the time we figure it out are pretty disinclined to put clothes back on and move. Knowing this, though, I think I'm personally going to get a lot more strict about that.

So! That said, I'm in the city and I've accidentally had very loud sex (the loud was the only accidental part) parked on a somewhat busy sidewalk and have never got any blowback for it.

Measures we take? Well, if it's in a busy area then definitely bite down on something if you're gonna vocalize. Impact play (yup, I'm kinky) inside the van is completely out unless/until I manage to make my way to the boonies. That's what the local dungeon is for.  Loud vibrators are definitely out--currently getting one replaced by the manufacturer because it gradually became so loud it exceeded 50 decibels! It was like having a lawn mower going in here. When it comes to rocking I think helps that we're both under 100lbs. ::p Also, waiting until very late at night, there's fewer people around after midnight. 

I entered vandwelling while single and have had three different guys stay over since, including my current boyfriend of 8 months. I'm less concerned than I used to be, simply because of so many experieriences and zero issue arising from them. And that's from a full time city van dweller.

Bitty said:
That's a really good point. I make an effort to avoid spots near school zones when my bf and I are in the mood, but it's not always predictable and by the time we figure it out are pretty disinclined to put clothes back on and move. Knowing this, though, I think I'm personally going to get a lot more strict about that.

So! That said, I'm in the city and I've accidentally had very loud sex (the loud was the only accidental part) parked on a somewhat busy sidewalk and have never got any blowback for it.

Measures we take? Well, if it's in a busy area then definitely bite down on something if you're gonna vocalize. Impact play (yup, I'm kinky) inside the van is completely out unless/until I manage to make my way to the boonies. That's what the local dungeon is for.  Loud vibrators are definitely out--currently getting one replaced by the manufacturer because it gradually became so loud it exceeded 50 decibels! It was like having a lawn mower going in here. When it comes to rocking I think helps that we're both under 100lbs. ::p Also, waiting until very late at night, there's fewer people around after midnight. 

I entered vandwelling while single and have had three different guys stay over since, including my current boyfriend of 8 months. I'm less concerned than I used to be, simply because of so many experieriences and zero issue arising from them. And that's from a full time city van dweller.

So. Will you lead this seminar next RTR?

Gideon33w said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah ... I know this is the internet and everyone is just itching for a chance to be crude (less so on here though) but I'd like to have a real conversation on the topic.

For those of us in small RVs, Vans, Campers, and cars ... Sex is an issue ...

We live in an object with minimal sound deadening, standing on 4 flexible legs, that requires some type of ventilation pretty much constantly.

This means vehicle movement and noise for those of us engaging in frisky activities. 

Furthermore, even a fully blacked out setup can leave you open for an indecent exposure case should the police arrive to figure out why your van is parked but moving like its full of angry livestock.

So, besides typical stealth ideas ... What is the best option? 

And once again ... Please be adults ...
texasjaybird sez  "just say nooooooo!" :blush:   queenie sez  "woof woof grrrrrrr"

SaltySeaWitch said:
I'm dying laughing!! Nice!

Y2B2bD1.jpg

As a practical matter, I notice that "Grant Travels" was on private property (a Holiday Inn, no less).

But returning to the talk of stabilizer jacks and such: perhaps this is a good place to brainstorm for a cheap, effective, stealthy ways of stabilizing a van.

In watching the ever growing genre of "tiny house" tv shows, I've often wondered how the couples w/ kids plan to get it on in tiny spaces w/o dividing walls.

pnwgypsy said:
In watching the ever growing genre of "tiny house" tv shows, I've often wondered how the couples w/ kids plan to get it on in tiny spaces w/o dividing walls.

What's that old wholesome tagline? "Fun for the whole family"?

Yeah I dunno, I assume they go dry spells until the kids are elsewhere... and by assume, I mean hope...

Bitty said:

Bitty thanks for making me laugh after a really long, tough day! Lawn mower part really cracked me up!! I think you should reconsider teaching a seminar on this stuff at RTR as TMG suggested. I am adding this topic to my list of possible money making ebooks to write. Catchy titles like: "The Vandwelling Dom", "BDSM for Vandwellers" or maybe "Stealth Spankings For Kinky Vandwellers" popped into my head after reading your comment lol :p

pnwgypsy said:

I spent a solid chunk of my childhood in Cameroon amongst villagers who lived in one two-room mud brick house per family, where having 10 children was considered few and some men also had multiple wives under one roof all raising their kids. I think we tend to forget that many cultures and much of human history has happily subsisted on far less privacy than modern housing has to offer.

SaltySeaWitch said:
Bitty thanks for making me laugh after a really long, tough day! Lawn mower part really cracked me up!! I think you should reconsider teaching a seminar on this stuff at RTR as TMG suggested. I am adding this topic to my list of possible money making ebooks to write. Catchy titles like: "The Vandwelling Dom", "BDSM for Vandwellers" or maybe "Stealth Spankings For Kinky Vandwellers" popped into my head after reading your comment lol :p

So happy to make you laugh!! "BDSM for Vandwellers", oh gosh. Let's just say that hard points in a van are doable and the rope possibilities are endless, though I know that mostly only by second-hand info. ;)

Actually, one very relevant factor for kinky vandwellers is that any mock non-consent play has a greater risk of consequences if overheard/seen. Instead of someone simply realizing you're having sex, they could mistakenly believe that they have stumbled upon an assault in progress. Non-vandwellers experience this issue as well, which is why they tend to find venues and form communities where it's safe to practice such things without unduly disturbing anyone. Vandwellers just have even less soundproofing in their home, and thus more of a need for such things than others.

I highly doubt I'm the most experienced vandweller on the subject, I just seem to be less shy about opening my mouth. :p I volunteer at a non-profit library that specializes in materials relating to human sexuality and my boyfriend just so happens to work at a sex (toy) shop, so both our jobs normalize these sorts of topics as everyday conversations to have with strangers who walk in the door seeking information.

SaltySeaWitch said:

Sign me up for your newsletter.

Now we need more van dwelling titles.
50 shades of white vans.
If this vans a rockin she's been a bad girl.