Greetings! New to here....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GG Prepper

Reaction score
I finally got enough nerve to come on here so that I could thank all of you for your videos and for your, that have inspired me to move out of my rut and start living again. I have obligated myself two take care of my great-grand children through the summer months but once they are settled in school in the fall I am hoping to be able to take off and join you all in your wanderings throughout the United States. And that is how I got my name. GG is for great grandma. I am 68 years old and I own A 2009 Kia Sorento which  I'm in the process of setting up as my home on wheels. I will have a video of it soon but I have been thinking long-term also and wondering if I should get a camper for my senior senior years lol. But for now I will just adapt to living in my SUV. I sincerely hope to meet you all at the rubber Tramp rendezvous in 2018. In the meantime here is my youtube channel to what I am trying to accomplish.  Thanks especially to Bob! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzzHHE2lHLbq9nDD2jQin6Q

Welcome great grandma!
Looking forward to seeing your Sorento!

Welcome GG Prepper to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Hi GG Prepped and welcome! What are your tentative plans? Just driving around and experiencing or do you have some specifics you'd like to see? I am just running from the cold lol. Best of luck and I hope you have a great time!

Wabbit said:
Hi GG Prepped and welcome! What are your tentative plans? Just driving around and experiencing or do you have some specifics you'd like to see? I am just running from the cold lol. Best of luck and I hope you have a great time!

I'm thinking about doing the same as so many others. Just go from one National Forest to the next. They are free. This state parks might be day trips but not overnighters. Thanks for the nice welcome

GG Prepper said:
Yeah.....it seems right to join like-minded individuals,  doesn't it? Not nearly as crazy as I thought I was.  Lol
Nothing crazy with wanting to get out of the stationary boxes we call "home" and making our homes movable & where we sleep, incorporating the outdoors as our living rooms,kitchens,dining rooms,recreation rooms and yards! Living outside the box,rather than in it! Living is a journey & an adventure!

GG Prepper said:
I finally got enough nerve to come on here so that I could thank all of you for your videos and for your, that have inspired me to move out of my rut and start living again. I have obligated myself two take care of my great-grand children through the summer months but once they are settled in school in the fall I am hoping to be able to take off and join you all in your wanderings throughout the United States. And that is how I got my name. GG is for great grandma. I am 68 years old and I own A 2009 Kia Sorento which  I'm in the process of setting up as my home on wheels. I will have a video of it soon but I have been thinking long-term also and wondering if I should get a camper for my senior senior years lol. But for now I will just adapt to living in my SUV. I sincerely hope to meet you all at the rubber Tramp rendezvous in 2018. In the meantime here is my youtube channel to what I am trying to accomplish.  Thanks especially to Bob! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzzHHE2lHLbq9nDD2jQin6Q

GG,

I am new here too.  Welcome!  I will soon be living in my car with my cat until I sell my condo. I will buy a van then.  I love this forum and Bob's videos.  I just subbed your yt channel. :D