Got and idea... Pinto Living

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

von_jonah

Reaction score
Hi all, I've not been around much lately but I'm still wanting to do this haha. Just been super busy. Over the past few weeks I've become convinced that my car has enough space for me to sleep in and the way i'm planning on building out the inside I'll have enough room for the things I need. Anyway. I drive a Pinto cruising wagon. Metal panels on the sides and soon to be tinted windows so there's plenty of privacy. She runs like a top and gets plenty of gas mileage. I'm not planning on leaving til I have enough saved for a few weeks of food and several refills of the gas tank. I'm also planning on getting a small motorcycle to carry with me. 

What a coincidence, I was driving around Quartzsite today and we passed an old green Pinto wagon and it reminded me of the one I used to own. I thought to myself it would make a pretty good car to live in. So I agree with you, it might work very well. But I'm not sure its up to carrying a motorcycle. Seems like that would be carrying to much weight. <br>Bob

@Bob- I love my Pinto. It's the most reliable cars I've ever had haha. And plenty of room to stay in I think.<br><br>@Dazar- Oh yeah, every day haha.

That's not the one that likes to go "boom" when rear ended is it? If not, then it's surely better living then my Corolla.

You are thinking of the Pinto hatchback. IIRC, the wagon had no such problems. It had to do with the placement of the gas tank with the hatch backs.

Darth is right! It's the hatches not the wagons haha. But I will once I get it all ready to go!

I've officially told my family about my plan to do this. I don't know if they're exactly excited about it but I don't think that it surprised them. I can't wait to take off on this journey!

Latest posts