Got a motorhome!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danelady

Reaction score
I'm sitting in a truckstop in El Paso for the weekend and just wandering around with the dog. Whenever I walk him here I always stay off the busy road in front,but for some reason this morning I decided to go in a different direction and came upon an rv place. What got my attention was the campervan parked in front. Then I noticed the small motorhome. Its a 27' 1991 Ventura. Its in great shape and everything works on it. Its perfect for me and Earl! As a matter of fact the dash is PURPLE and I'm wearing my favorite purple shirt too!<div><br></div><div>I guess some other guy was buying it,but he lost his job so he can't anymore and the rv place was gonna put it on Craigslist in the morning. &nbsp;Who knows,I just might make El Paso my home base!&nbsp;</div>

Ack! I kicked myself when I didn't bring my camera...but i'm heading back down to take some pics...just to have for myself to drool over while I'm driving!<div><br></div><div>I don't know if its a FourWinds. On the title it just says Ventura. What a big big step! I'm so thrilled!</div>

Wow, congrats.&nbsp; I hope it makes you happy.&nbsp; Ed<br>

Oh thank you,Ed!<div>Bri,its says Ventura by Cobra.</div><div><br></div><div>Since I had the dog with me when I first saw it they let me take him inside and he went right for the big bed. I guess if the bed passes muster with him,it must be ok!</div><div><br></div><div>Just to know I have a place to go to now to get out of the truck is such a weight off my shoulders. I hate always getting a hotel room because I do like to sleep in something besides the truck now and then.&nbsp;</div><div>And then to finally be able to cook a homemade meal again!&nbsp;</div><div>I know,I know,I made a really quick decision buying it,but its not like I'm going to be putting a lot of miles on it. I'll still be driving the truck. I wonder if its strong enough to tow my Explorer?</div><div><br></div><div>I AM happy today.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Oh yeah,he was asking 6500 for it.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Uh oh..the pics didn't show up. Let me try again.</div>

It is wonderful! I'm so happy for you and earl!&nbsp; It looks perfect and it was meant to be for you, I don't always think things are a coincidence.<br><br>

Lessee if this works.<div><br></div><div>Oh thanks dragonfly! I've always thought if I had a motor home I'd paint it white with big black spots...like a harlequin great dane. Hmmm?</div>

Nice Rig danelady...I hope it suits you well and you have many a good trips in it....<br>Bri<br><br>

Congrats on the new wheels. It should be plenty enough to tow the explorer. Just be careful to check if you need a tow dolly or flat trailer, some 4x4's should not be flat towed without modifications, but I've seen hummers towed behind rigs.
Les

Thank you all so very much!&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>Thanks Bri! I'll be happy just to finally have a place to go to and NOT have to drive. I'm sure I'll be moving it to AZ,that's where I'd rather be based out of and I'm so happy the rv place is working with me since I don't reside here in El Paso.</div><div><br></div><div>Thank you Tony and Karen,I appreciate that so much.</div><div><br></div><div>Les,thanks for the valuable info!</div><div><br></div><div>Diane,you're on. How do you like Italian?</div><div><br></div>

I am sooooooooooooooo excited for you!It looks great and it's just the right size; not too big and not too small.<br><br>OK, and I'm&nbsp;a little jealous.&nbsp; Maybe I need to be a little less fussy.&nbsp; Criminy!&nbsp; I've looked at sooooooooooo many!&nbsp; Mine must be waiting right around the corner!<br>

Thanks Cyndi! Never knowing where I am going to be from day to day really made this a God send! Nothing ever happens this easy for me and &nbsp;about freakin' time too! Haha!

<P>DId they give you a walk-through on how all the systems work?</P>

<FONT size=4>Tried to send you a PM but kept getting error messages so I have to put this on the public board:</FONT><br><FONT size=4></FONT>&nbsp;<br><FONT size=4>If this link is to the same unit, talk to the dealership about a price reduction, as they are advertising it for $4990. Most states have a 3 day period for changing your mind, and since they've advertised it (assuming it's the same one) they should sell it to you for the reduced price.</FONT><br><FONT size=4></FONT>&nbsp;<br><FONT size=4>Just trying to save you some money...</FONT><br><br><br><A href="http://www.campingworldofdenver.com/class-a-gas/1991/cobra-ventura/122664" target=_blank>http://www.campingworldofdenver.com/class-a-gas/1991/cobra-ventura/122664</A><br>

Your PMs went through just fine! Yes,it IS the exact same one! This isn't who I bought it from. I got it from a small dealer who travels around picking stuff up and bringing it back to his place to sell. I guess he didn't have to travel too far to get this one. Actually he did mention that he picked it up from Camping World. I'll mention the lower price to him,who knows. But I really am grateful that I don't have to move it right away.<div><br></div><div>Thanks for being an eagle eye!!</div><div>Rose</div>

No prob. As I mentioned in a pm, the same thing happened to us. All in all though, looks like you found a nice buy. Enjoy it.

Congratulations! It looks well-maintained and clean (I did not notice any sagging).<div>Good luck! I am happy for you!</div>

Wow,thanks for the kind words,I appreciate it! Its been awhile since I've been here,but the MH is parked in storage in Benson,AZ now. I figure $28 a month to ensure that it is safe while I am out on the road is worth it in my book. Then when I come in I can roll it out and park in the desert.&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>I've been sick as a dog with strep throat here in Texas for the past week. I just couldn't bare being in the big truck so I've been staying in a hotel...OUCH! Really wish I could have been near the motor home,staying in a room has cost me a pretty penny..but I've been sicker than I've ever been out here on the road,well,except for when I had appendicitis,so I had to splurge.</div><div><br></div><div>Take care!</div><div>Rose n Earl</div>

Latest posts