looking for a radiator for a 1987 Winnebago LeSharo [split] New to Forums

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christina

Reaction score
:D I really like what I see the information is great. I am looking for a radiator for a 1987 Winnebago LeSharo it is the one that has two connector plug in for the two fan hook up on it, the grange its in the owner can't find one and mine leaks where a seam is on the plug side is, so now I'm need help the radiator can't be repaired he said it got a seal and it needs a machine to press it on he knows no one that can do it, he said if it was copper he would of had it done for me, I needed it fixed to go up to Texas to take care of my Grandchildren this coming month cause my daughter is going in for surgery on her back and I need to be there by the 15 Th of may, I am 72 yrs old and traveling alone with my 2 dogs and you know if I break down in it them small granges like to take advantage of a lady that don't know to much about RV's, so I put it in a grange here for a complete fix all hoses have been changed all seals replaced, everything and its been in there for several months now just to make sure it was ready by the first of this month, and now this, I am on a fixed income so I had to take it to some one I trusted and he so far has done everything I said to do, and now we find this and oil on the place where the differential is but can't find where it is coming from, cause we find no leaks there, I bought this 179 miles away from here the man I got it from told me all it needed was the speedometer cable re attached it fell off and wiper arms and blades put on that seems OK to me small fix so I drove it home it was like new inside and just a little discolor on the paint outside, after I got home it had a bad noise so my sons friend took a look at it and it turned out the breaks was put on wrong and one on the front was missing a bolt he was amazed I made it home in it was hanging by a tread. Then came the looking for the arms bu luck I found them at a salvage yard he found a set to fit mine off of some car he had said they will work. Please if any one can help me, my daughter is counting on me and the plane and train and buses won't let me have both of my medical support dogs on them so the choice is this motor-home, I can't afford to get another, I would trade for a little bigger one or I would get a 6 cylinder or even a eight and maybe a diesel I heard they are good, but I put a lot of money in this so far and all now it need just a radiator, I could fix it up and get a little bigger one by trading this in on my way there or back it only has 58000 miles on it. Oh it wasn't the speedometer cable it was the needle on the dash it was worn out I had a new needle prefabricated, my son does that kind of work in his shop. Please if anyone can help me to find one, I would be so grateful to you all.

Welcome to the CRVL forums christina! Where are you located? Maybe there are some RV junkyards nearby that could help you.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Find an actual radiator repair shop. they're out there not like the old days but you can find them. Many radiator applications have no replacements available. A radiator shop can build you a brand new one. Actually I recommend this even if a el cheapo Chinese radiator is available as they are much higher quality. Highdesertranger

From your description I am assuming the tanks are plastic and crimped to the metal core? There are custom shops that can fabricate an all aluminum one. I believe you can even install sensors in the rubber hoses if necessary but they should be able to install a bung if necessary, they are rather pricy though. There should be a imported car that used the same radiator I believe as the power train was used overseas if it is the 4 cylinder. You might search the internet as I believe there is an owners club or group that may also be able to help you.

high i am looking for radiator or it is 26 & 1/2" long on the left it has upper and lower transmission lines and on the right side of  
under lower side of the radiator it has the transmission line & another their goes to the top, under the top of the radiator hose their is a place for the switch to hook up and one in the middle and under the lower hose is a vacuum switch.

if you have this one please let me know with the price
Thank You
Christins

If you could post some pictures it would help or maybe a drawing with sizes of lines, sensor and hoses. A NAPA store or any good radiator shop should have a catalog of similar drawings to help match up radiators.

Read post #3. Find a proper radiator shop they can build ANY radiator in ANY configuration from ready available parts. Not a parts store, Not a mechanic, Not the internet but a proper radiator shop. Highdesertranger

Read what HDR said in #3 and #7. Now do that.