Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning. It is snowing in North Idaho this morning. 36 degrees but "feels like 25" according to the weather report. I finished reading Walden on Wheels this morning as I huddled under my sleeping bag, unwilling to get up. Van tells me I have low tire pressure. I have an appt for van servicing on Wednesday. Can it wait for then? It is seriously snowing here ... maybe I'll go to the library, the laundromat, a restaurant? I bought the buddy heater but haven't figured out how to use it. Maybe YouTube will show me.

It all depends on how low the pressure is. If only a few pounds (~5) you should be good to go for local driving. No distances or freeway.

The library is an OASIS of warmth and opportunities. Here now and will probably MOVE IN for a while. Snow continues but nothing sticking yet. It rained all last night.

good morning

hope you can hit the road sooner than later Dean

might rain today. we need it bad. temps down a bit cause of the clouds, relief.

do nothing day mostly here.
boring as hell, which I guess can be thought of as a good thing vs. some damn rotten drama that could be happening LOL

Good Morning all! Coffee is tasty. Suppose to be Sunny the next couple of days here in WA. I will utilize this time while healing to load up the rig and organize the limited space. The interior work I did this summer gives it a lil charm now.  No longer has a complete industrial look inside.  I hope to hit the road by the 15th.  

I believe a lot of people will be launching soon from their northern nests.

Good morning.

Dean, the countdown continues. You can't leave 'till you get the van ready, hurry up :p

I may get to go to Costco today (and spend money). That place is dangerous. Maybe I won't get more than what is on my list (nah).

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning... bad weather came in yesterday of actual marble size hailstones on the Olympic Peninsula, never seen that in my years here. Well it’s official, winter is going to be bad, snow up on the mountains this morning and it’s a lot!
That’s hail in the picture.

Attachments

• CF98F8B4-7F2B-4F6B-8FE0-7FBCACC72D17.jpeg
    CF98F8B4-7F2B-4F6B-8FE0-7FBCACC72D17.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 7
ewww, hail or anything white on the ground is a bad thing LOL

good morning
not feeling well. got some kind of crud. feel icky. I am sure kid brought home something nasty from school since she wasn't feeling good a few days ago. oh well....just bumble thru the day. See if I get worse or start to get better ;)

Get well soon Roamer and child!!!

I'm still here in Northern Idaho survivin' the cold. Now that moving out of the apartment is complete I'm rediscovering my health club and libraries here and nearby towns. Still waiting for trailer. 

Content to be here for the moment. Went clothes shopping at Ross and got things to stay warm. 

Met another vandweller here and told her about HOWA and other things. She was especially interested in NM camping passes and the solar panels.

I got my flu shot. The one for seniors is 4X stronger than the one for younger folks. Now if only it would make me 4X stronger... then I would be able to get a whole lot more work done on my build :)

crofter said:
365 days of sunshine here or so they say.    -crofter
Just sideways blowing wind instead hehe.
travelaround said:
Does the flu go 'round all winter in Arizona like it does here in the northern states?
I think it procreates around cities that have high populations and international airports then spreads for hundreds of miles from there.

The Rock and Gem show in Tucson seems to attract a lot of people from all over the world and seems to increase the chance of getting the flu in my opinion so just take extra precautions while there.

travelaround said:
Does the flu go 'round all winter in Arizona like it does here in the northern states?
Yes, the flu can be active even in the warmer areas of the country. It is not so much about if it is hot or cold it is more about how many people have it and pass it around. Every year can be quite different from the year before. Some years the flu shots are not as effective on the prominent strains as other years which will impact how much risk there is.

I suggest you bookmark this website, it is the weekly flu report map of the USA and shows the areas and the levels of flu cases. Note that the last week of September showed Arizona as being #2 hotspot state for flu. That should tell you that Arizona is not exempt from risk.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/usmap.htm

Good morning all! Coffee time. Tomorrow I get my stitches removed and hopefully get a green light from the surgeon.  My rig is poised.

Latest posts