Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not so far if you take a few months to get here.

In my younger days here, I always hated that first sunshiny day in spring. It seemed that is when an outdoor speaker on the sunny side of a building would stop working. Up on a ladder with the sun behind me and reflecting off the building too. It was only about a 10 minute job to do (and paid well (contractor piece work)) but I was cooked when I got finished. A lot of water and the van's air conditioning blowing right on me for an hour to get me somewhat cooled off. Of course there would be an office visit next :( I know I smelled really sweet! NOT! I got through many a summer here though. The money was too good to leave and I guess I acclimated. After all, this place was settled long before air conditioning. Now I want to be gone from new years day 'till thanksgiving. Just come back for some family time when the weather is decent here. Rinse, repeat. This waiting shall pass (hopefully before I die).

65 degrees and sunny in Southern AZ, more unseasonal buckets of rain yesterday so everything is still drying out. Winter visitors from Canada are heading north early due to border issues so it's pretty peaceful around here. 

Checked out stores for bottled water and there is NONE. If we don't get bottled water before summer heat is here in May we will all die, (or travel north). Currently surviving withdrawls from bottled water with an RO filter, but it's just not the same.   ~crofter

Seattle, year around, has very good tasting, ice cold, water right out of the tap. It comes from high up in the foothills of the Cascade Mountain range.

crofter said:
65 degrees and sunny in Southern AZ, more unseasonal buckets of rain yesterday so everything is still drying out. Winter visitors from Canada are heading north early due to border issues so it's pretty peaceful around here. 

Checked out stores for bottled water and there is NONE. If we don't get bottled water before summer heat is here in May we will all die, (or travel north). Currently surviving withdrawls from bottled water with an RO filter, but it's just not the same.   ~crofter

I use a Sawyer filter (when I'm not at home base) and I actually like it just as well as bottled water, especially refrigerated. It filters out so much that there's not much left to cause a regional taste difference.

Another quite day in self isolation. But I am about to venture out to a store for a few things I ran out of. It will be interesting to see if they still have any of the staples left.

Good day to all - can't say good morning because I was up to the wee hours and slept till noon. This self confinement thing has really messed with my "life patterns"

maki2 - I don't have any extra staples but I can spare a roll of tape instead:)

I heard that the new way to test your IQ is to start with 150 and subtract the number of rolls of TP you have horded.

Thanks for the offer Nature Lover, no doubt some people might want me to use that tape on my potty mouth but as staples would be more painful they might prefer to keep on using them.

No problem finding TP at the store I was shopping at. I bought a 32 double roll package. That is the smallest size package they sell at that store.

Who came up with that figure of 150? They are giving the hoarders way too much credit for having an IQ anywhere close to being as high as 150.

I'd say the proper IQ value to start yer calculations with should have been 85, rather than 150.

I posted this in another thread but repeat it here so no one misses the smile.

On the PA Health Departments web site I read that as long as I wore a mask and gloves I could go to the store with no problems. They lied, everyone else at the store was wearing clothes.

maki2 said:
Seattle, year around, has very good tasting, ice cold, water right out of the tap. It comes from high up in the foothills of the Cascade Mountain range.
You ve got it made maki, TP and water.  -crofter

nature lover said:
On the PA Health Departments web site I read that as long as I wore a mask and gloves I could go to the store with no problems. They lied, everyone else at the store was wearing clothes.
Too funny!  Did that help with your social distancing?

crofter said:
You ve got it made maki, TP and water.  -crofter
Now if only we were allowed to be free range chickens instead of staying confined in our cages.

I didn't think about how it might help with the social distancing but now than you mention it there did seem to be less of a crowd in the isles I was in. Except for this one guy????

nature lover said:
I didn't think about how it might help with the social distancing but now than you mention it there did seem to be less of a crowd in the isles I was in.  Except for this one guy????
You could try upgrading your look with the latest DIY fashion item.   A respirator made from a woman's bra up.  Perfect fit and the lacier the better. That way men no longer have to hide their fetish items in a drawer and of course many women already have the project supplies on hand as bras include straps, elastic and hooks to fasten them in place with. Padded bras are the most effective for filtration.

If the malls were not closed there might be a run on these items at Victoria's Secret or perhaps they will convert their factory over to making them.   The Haines underwear company just announced it was retooling their factory to start making face masks.  I told my friend who passed on that news story that it was because they already had the ability to make bra cups ;) He spit his coffee out from laughing which of course is no longer socially acceptable behavior. I guess I do need to be more cautious about telling dumb jokes now.

nature lover said:
I didn't think about how it might help with the social distancing but now than you mention it there did seem to be less of a crowd in the isles I was in.  Except for this one guy????
You could try upgrading your look with the latest DIY fashion item.   A respirator made from a woman's bra up.  Perfect fit and the lacier the better. That way men no longer have to hide their fetish items in a drawer and of course many women already have the project supplies on hand including tie straps, elastic and hooks to fasten them in place with.

If the malls were not closed there might be a run on these items at Victoria's Secret or perhaps they will convert their factory over to making them.   The Haines underwear company just announced it was retooling their factory to start making facemasks.  I told my friend that was because they already had the ability to make bra cups ;)  I think this one might be good for the "YARC" thread.  My friend is going to ask his son to photoshop it and post it on instagram ... bound to go viral. His son is a professional videographer and has done a lot of work for Vogue Magazine so he knows exactly the right look for this prank.

maki 2 - thanks for the great idea. Some friends say I act like a boob so its natural. By the way, you mentioned Victoria's secret - I've seen the pictures and discovered that Victoria does not have many secrets!!!

Qxxx - you made me look - I have nothing better to to than follow leads and links. Thank God the Covbid 19 is not a computer virus.

I think they are also doing it with disposable diapers...unused works best.