Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There hasn't been any decaf in or around my household in years. A long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away) my wife tried giving me decaf one morning. The first cup didn't taste quite right but I chalked that up to her not usually making the coffee. By the second cup I knew and called her on it. That got thrown out and none has crossed the threshold since.

Nothing like a good, hot cup O joe first thing in the morning :)

Either my taste buds have been aging like the rest of me or they are getting better at the decaff - I cant tell the difference in taste. I don't drink 1/10 the coffee I used to but that is due to my aging bladder. Another 70 degree sunny day in PA and my new (to me) rig is in the driveway. CARPE DIEM

B and C said:
There hasn't been any decaf in or around my household in years.  A long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away) my wife tried giving me decaf one morning.  The first cup didn't taste quite right but I chalked that up to her not usually making the coffee.  By the second cup I knew and called her on it.  That got thrown out and none has crossed the threshold since.

Nothing like a good, hot cup O joe first thing in the morning :)
It is actually pretty good tasting in the evening and afternoon as well which is why I have both decaff and regular beans around.

If I was installing new flooring would that make it a carpet diem?

maki2 said:
It is actually pretty good tasting in the evening and afternoon as well which is why I have both decaff and regular beans around.

If it is later in the day I have much better stuff to drink, think adult beverage.

I woke up late this am (almost pm) to another decently warm, but cloudy day in Central PA. Seats coming out of the new van this week then the floor Can't put the carpet ahead of the deim. I consider coffee one of the best adult beverages.

B and C said:
If it is later in the day I have much better stuff to drink, think adult beverage.
wait a minute....coffee is an adult beverage, they don't serve it to kids because it drugs them and not in a way you would want to be around.

I'll be more explicit then, something with alcohol, either cold or neat depending on what form it is in.  Could be a hot toddy if needed. I don't consume it to excess though.

A lot of days it is just ambient temperature water that I drink after the AM coffee.

Woke up to the sounds of silence, Seattle is pretty much officially and unofficially closed for business on a weekday. All the businesses in the commercial space where I am doing my build are dark. Just a few of us who have live/work space left. Schools are closed, day care closed and a great many single parent families around so the parents can't go to work even if their work place was not shut down. Not everyone can work remotely.

A quiet Seattle - how spooky. Hope you stay safe. Social isolation! I think a lot of vandwellers are all for that. Today I hiked up the local steep hillside trail - about a mile uphill to a ridge with a view of the town. My new hiking partner wants to do this almost every day. Unfortunately, I'll have a clinic appointment tomorrow. Medicare physical.

Got my courage up ;) went to the grocery store. Not the big supermarkets where there are hordes of hoarders. I shopped at the store that sells supplies to local cafes and coffee shops, they sell larger quantities for half the price it would cost at the regular grocery stores. Almost stocked up with enough in the pantry and freezer to last 6 weeks or so.

The libraries all closed today until at least mid April but likely longer than that, they sent out an email notice. I had previously noticed there were some videos to stream but had not explored that. But the email contained links to several free services and they have some nice films on them ranging from black and white classics on up to more recent. Also documentaries, how-to videos, etc.  So tonight I streamed the movie "Frida" which I have seen several times. I enjoy all the colorful culture and art in the film and the acting is also good as is the music. In one scene I spotted a colorful woven bed rug on her lap and thought...hey I have one almost like that, same colors and characters.
mexico rug yei.jpg

Attachments

• mexico rug yei.jpg
    mexico rug yei.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 5
Had a late night last night so did not get up till almost noon - ahhh retirement. Working on the new rig a little today but really getting into it Monday. Light cloud cover 60 + degrees and flowers popping up all over. I saw a male cardinal chasing a female. it's that time of year. I LOVE SPRING.

I am so looking forward to it being even close to 60 degrees. There are flowers around but today it is cold as well as windy. The downside of having obtained coffee is that I drank some too late in the day and stayed up late, woke up late...again. I really do want to be the early bird who gets more work done in a day.

Spent the morning at the clinic, got some meds. Now home again. There's so much to do I don't know where to start but cleared out the cupboard above the washer/dryer. It looks like it hadn't been cleaned in years. Lots of things were left by former dwellers.... things to spray in cars, and other strange things I have no understanding of or use for. So, I want to use that for my laundry cupboard. I got everything out of there and now, have to clean and paint it. At least I'm making a small attack on one area of the huge project.

I hope you'll be safe, Maki.. the virus hasn't reached my town yet as far as I know.

Thanks travelaround, I feel pretty safe. I have very little interaction with people other than online. I did go Walgreens, I was one of 3 customers inside the store during the what the other week would have been the busiest shopping hour of the day. I picked that hour because I figured the tide had turned and most everyone else would avoid going there at that time of day. My prediction was right on :)

Of course the people who have headed out of town to go camping to get away from the city will be freezing at night this next week. The sun is returning, the days are warming up into the mid to upper 50s but the night time temps are in the low 30s. I am going to try to stay focused and make some real progress on my build.

Only one degree to go to break into 60 degree weather in Seattle. It won't happen today or tomorrow, only 59 for a high, the 7 day forecast does not have a day in the 60s. But hope Springs eternal and it will likely happen sometime in the next 4 weeks.

59 sounds pretty good here. Already getting into the high 80's. I don't like to sweat and I can't take off enough clothes.

B and C said:
59 sounds pretty good here.  Already getting into the high 80's.  I don't like to sweat and I can't take off enough clothes.
Texas can be pretty brutal for heat.

I grew up there, left after my first year of college but then later on spent winter, spring and first half of summer there in 1984 working on a custom interior inside a 747 for one of the princes of Brunei. No air-con in the hanger the plane was in or in the plane either. Finally quit at the end of July and returned back to Seattle. They did not even supply fans for the crews baking inside the airplanes.  The guys might have loved it if I had taken off some clothes. I was the first female aircraft mechanic ever at that company. Kind of shook up the guys that a young woman knew way more about airplanes, how to build them and how to read the complex Boeing blueprints than anyone on that local crew.

I still have family in the Houston area, San Antonio and near Fort Worth. Maybe someday I will mosey on over that way. or maybe not, it is a lot of driving time.