Giving kudos

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RV-Hopeful

Reaction score
So I'm at the RTR, my first and my first staying in the van. I'm finding it much more challenging than I thought. Oh, I knew it wouldn't be easy but I didn't factor in how much we take for granted in S&B living like walking upright. I'm not sure I have what it takes to live in a van, the pain is often debilitating and I'm missing classes and sessions. I know there are many with more health issues than I that are doing this well and I wanted to give kudos to those who pushed thru and manage to go day to day living this lifestyle. The pain is real and I just don't know how you do it. May God bless you with more good days than bad.

A van, or at least a regular height van may not be for you then. High tops afford you the ability to stand unless you are taller like I am. That is why I have a travel trailer and even then I have to duck under the light fixtures. There are also a variety of other rigs here fulfilling different needs for different folks.

So while you are here check out other rigs and how they are set up. Many here are more than happy to show off their castles be they big or small. Think of it as homework to get prepared. Those that do none tend to end up buying more than one rig eventually as they figure out what will do it for them. Each has their upside and downsides to consider.

With living in an RV (or van) you live "out" of it more than "in" it.
Use it for shelter from the sun and bad weather.
Sleep in it.
Live out of it.

Latest posts