GIRLS' ROOM!!! What clothing do you own?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TrainChaser said:
Actually,  you only need a few pairs of pants.  They differ from shirts and undies because of the body odor:  you wear a t-shirt (etc) in warm weather and sweat and it stinks after a day or two.  Pants, OTOH, you can wear for a week, because  you have the 'odor-collector' between them and you.

Actually my pants are of various lengths and loose so I can layer them for warmth. For instance I might wear a knee length pair over a long pair on a chilly night or 3 pair if it's really cold. I also use the shorter pants for sleeping in. So on any given winter day I might be wearing 6 pieces of linen clothing. Linen is light and antibacterial also so I've lightened my load by 12 lbs and no more odor. All the pieces can be dressed up or down and mixed and matched. No more thinking. It's the perfect answer for me.

DrJean said:
I like the idea of flax...

I just ordered new lingerie because the usual I wear took just too long to dry at the RTR... (of course if I could have hung them out in that wind! )  

I need natural fibers... can wear very little petroleum based material and for very little time...

I appreciated my cotton bdu pants...and all cotton jeans... the one pair that had a blend was worthless in the cold weather, of course.

Have to be careful to not wipe your hands on your clothing  hahahah

So glad to have had the heavy coat with hoodie for the RTR...  I think I'll roll it up and make it a pillow the other times of the year?
It took me a while to let go of my jeans and other clothing I used for outdoors, but once I started wearing the FLAX line of clothes I was hooked. The feeling of flax on your skin is very healing. It seems there are health benefits. Undies and lingerie are next.

Sorry I missed you at the RTR.  I had intended to stop in and meet everyone but my grand daughter was calling me to hurry up the 93.

I have a thick fuzzy robe that I love. I fold it up and put it in a pillow case and it's my pillow. Works: I rarely want both pillow and robe at the same time.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I like the idea of linen too... it, along with flax, have the natural "un-ironed" look :D

I've always thought linen was made of flax. Someone please tell me the difference?

I've been doing major downsizing the last few months to get ready for moving into my minivan (once I get it). I have 1 1/2 closets chock full of boxes of clothes that are going bye-bye. Most will be sold and what doesn't sell is getting donated. The rest are being gradually worked through and sorted.
One thing I am doing that is helping a lot is giving my belongings very limited space. If it doesn't fit, it goes. For clothes, I have shopping totes we sell at work. One for shirts and underwear, one for pants/bottoms, and a very large one for my Ren Faire garb (that admittedly doubles as regular clothes for me ;) ). Although, with how much I love my jackets and shawls, I'm getting another tote for them. Sometimes I switch clothes out based on what I actually wear instead of what I just want.
As for shoes, a pair of flip flops, a pair of good hiking shoes that double as casual tennies, sturdy boots that double as Ren boots, and hard soled slippers.
Now if only I could stop making more Ren garb... Pft! NEVER! XD

PatchTwist said:
I've been doing major downsizing the last few months to get ready for moving into my minivan (once I get it). I have 1 1/2 closets chock full of boxes of clothes that are going bye-bye. Most will be sold and what doesn't sell is getting donated. The rest are being gradually worked through and sorted.
One thing I am doing that is helping a lot is giving my belongings very limited space. If it doesn't fit, it goes. For clothes, I have shopping totes we sell at work. One for shirts and underwear, one for pants/bottoms, and a very large one for my Ren Faire garb (that admittedly doubles as regular clothes for me ;) ). Although, with how much I love my jackets and shawls, I'm getting another tote for them. Sometimes I switch clothes out based on what I actually wear instead of what I just want.
As for shoes, a pair of flip flops, a pair of good hiking shoes that double as casual tennies, sturdy boots that double as Ren boots, and hard soled slippers.
Now if only I could stop making more Ren garb... Pft! NEVER! XD

Apparently there are a few of us with this issue :D What kind of garb/gear do you lean towards? I'm of the Viking/Celt or slightly fantasy-based Ranger mentality!

DuneElliot said:
Apparently there are a few of us with this issue :D What kind of garb/gear do you lean towards? I'm of the Viking/Celt or slightly fantasy-based Ranger mentality!
I have clothing for both white and native personas in the eighteenth century.

Another thing I learned by my trip to the RTR is that I cannot single out my clothing. I had cloth tote boxes, one for pants, one for tops and one for lingerie and such. Due to my disability I will have to create a "day's" clothing and store together. I think I can put say 2 tops in (one long or 3/4 sleeved, one ss) and 2 pants (jeans or cargo pants)...and still be able to dress myself. Obvious to me I have shielded myself from the stress of these decisions by my home living with the cloth boxes on their sides, stacked, and clothing folded neatly inside totally viewable by me! Pulling the cloth boxes, all 3 no less, just to get dressed is more than I can do.

DuneElliot, My primary garb is Elven Ranger styled, but I also have formal and casual Elven-esque that can be mixed with my Gypsy and Pirate. Usually a rogue of some kind. Lots of wrap clothes, a couple good corsets, my Blinde Swan cavalier hat, and of course my leathers and weapons. I just finished a new pair of wrap pants and will be starting a whole new coloured wardrobe soon. I usually gear toward Autumn colours, but this new batch will be blacks and purples.

Here's a thread to resurrect!

25 pounds are gone. Dropped my "fat" clothes off at Goodwill and replaced only what I have actually been wearing. To cover my bottom half, for instance, I now have 2 pr of jeans, 1 pr of yoga pants (mainly for bed), 1 pr of shorts and one denim skirt. Oh, and 6 pr of underwear. No dress pants or dressy skirt, but I will buy something for a graduatuon that is coming up.

Per my old way of thinking, that is practically running naked. But, because I do a load of wash every couple days, that is really all I have been wearing

Almost There said:
Hey, I only have one swimsuit and a pair of shorts to wear over it :D

I have five swimsuits!!! I guess that's better than five winter coats! :) :)   - Crofter

crofter said:
I have five swimsuits!!! I guess that's better than five winter coats! :) :)   - Crofter

Went through the swimsuit bin this weekend as I was repacking my swim bag for the gym.  I have 14 swimsuits. :p   

In my defense, since the one-piece lap suits cost $70 each, I almost never get rid of them.  Once the lycra turns to dust I just use them in the hot tub.

Since it might work out to "public shower" in a swimsuit and everyone knows the difficulty of putting a wet/damp suit on... maybe I'll pack 2 for the summer? hahahaha

I'm really bored with clothing (gasp, my mother would faint!)... lately. been there, done that... just make me presentable to my dog eh?

I'm working on getting rid of my "fat" clothes so I can pack "skinny" clothes to save space. If the law would permit it, I'd pack no clothes....dealing with hot flashes right now. God, just shoot me!

Queen, that might be equal to all the swimsuits I've had in my life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cammalu said:
Queen, that might be equal to all the swimsuits I've had in my life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL!!!

Swim team, lifeguard, and still swim for fitness, I have generations of swimsuits in a bin.  Weeded out a bunch to get down to 14.  :p

I've got a heated swimming pool here at the campground and too embarrassed to put on a swim suit to use it. My biggest issue with clothes is finding anything to wear that doesn't have paint on it. As hard as I try, either the elbows or the boobs end up with a colorful spot of acrylic. I don't want to buy new stuff until I lose some of this menopause weight. Did anyone else put 40 pounds on like overnight? Buying new is also frustrating. I'm short, 5'2" (and that's being generous) and it seems that extra large means extra long. I'm not talking about pant length, I can wear the usual 30" inseam without hemming but sleeves on the other hand... Just once I'd like to have a jacket without 6 inches of extra fabric around my wrist.

Deco, I'm the opposite, 5'10 with long arms, most women's clothes make me look like I'm wearing kids clothes.

For swimsuits, I switched to tankinis for recreational pool fun. Beach Diva makes great stuff that doesn't enhance the round shape many of us have acquired.