GIRLS' ROOM!!! What clothing do you own?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KASibson said:
I hate that all the clothes in "fat girl" sizes are either outrageously expensive or aren't well made (or both).

Bags (handbags/backpacks) are a whole other story though lol.
I have entirely too many of those.

I agree. I usually buy men's hiking shorts because they are 1/3rd the price, have lots of pockets, are generally made better and fit a 38" waist.  Did I mention I paid only $12 for a quality pair. For that price in women's shorts you would get a cheap polyester with drawstring waist and no pockets. 

However I do find that when I wear them with my Van shoes I do get hit on by other women.

I am planning on doing a "tie dye tour". I recently did a huge batch of tie dye and have 5 dresses, 3 pairs of sheets, a futon cover, pillows and wall hangings. All of the bedding and tapestries are for the truck interior decor and is not visible from outside as I don't want to be profiled as a "hippie" when I travel through certain parts of the country. As an added security measure I have 3 bumper stickers: 2 that say Marines and one that says Browning, a camo military jacket and a camo hunt club hat that both sit on the front seat. I'm hoping that when someone sees my truck they will assume it belongs to a Marine who likes to hunt instead of a traveling hippie chick.

Just a heads up, if you don't mind wearing guy shorts, WM has some new Faded Glory cotton shorts for $7. I bought a pair and wore them to see how they'd do, soft as butter and wash up nicely. Just bought two more. I'm trying to get rid of my cargo shorts since they look awful on me and are much hotter than regular shorts.

I got Talos brand cargo shorts in the mens department at walmart.  So much nicer than what was in the woman's area and way cheaper.  Nobody would guess they are mens.

Queen said:
Just a heads up, if you don't mind wearing guy shorts, WM has some new Faded Glory cotton shorts for $7.  I bought a pair and wore them to see how they'd do, soft as butter and wash up nicely.  Just bought two more.   I'm trying to get rid of my cargo shorts since they look awful on me and are much hotter than regular shorts.

Sounds great, but I can't wear shorts cut for a man. I need a women's cut with a smaller waist.

We wear the same clothes as it saves us space and we have clothing which we both think are cute, feel good and can work with. For the both of us, we have 16 small tank tops, 10 pairs of jeans, 6 sweaters, 10 t-shirts and 5 sweatpants then our underwear. We have kept our luggage to four small duffel bags.

As I prepare mentally for my nomadic life I've often come across "Wardrobe Capsules" columns & blogs, yet I haven't found any that are a good practical cross between rugged/casual/business/dressy/comfy. All while not being monochromatic or frumpy... To many variables maybe?

Fan to brands - Mountain Hardwear, Duluth Trading & www.SierraTradingPost.com (and other TJX stores)

Wardrobe summary
15 - slacks for work
25 - blouses/sweaters/tops
8 - skirts
6 - dresses
4 - Summer weight packable hiking pants
2 - Winter weight hiking pants
3 - Jeans Light, medium, dark
6 - baselayer LS shirts I wear under t-shirts and caskets for warmths
Various T-shirts
Various undies
A few wool ski socks