• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GiG - Need to hire a lift from LAX to Boulder CO - Good Pay

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NolaK

Reaction score
Hi All, I hope this is the right place for this post. If not, I apologize.

If anyone needs a very good paying, short gig, I could sure use some help.

Short Story:

I am arriving at LAX the afternoon of Nov 26th and need a pet-friendly ride to Boulder, CO to pick up my conversion van. All petrol and hotel cost will be covered in addition to good pay (message for details) for your time.

Long Story:

On Nov 26th I am arriving from Thailand exhausted, jet-lagged and having spent 10 years driving on the wrong side of the road.
I will have 2, small, airplane-traumatized Shitzus (Thing 1 and Thing 2) with me. 
At the last moment the couple I purchased a conversion van from in Boulder has informed me that they can not deliver the van to LAX as planned. 
It is too late to arrange van transport and I have no home in California to deliver to. Rent-a--car companies do not care for dogs or people who have not been playing the USA credit score game for a decade. 
Renting a uHaul is an option but very expensive, and less than idea for many so reasons.
Private driver companies have not replied to me yet and I need to get this set up.

So... If anyone is around  So. Cal and need to earn some good money for 2 days work/a ridiculous adventure) please let me know ASAP.

The Catches: 
1) On arrival I will be crazed from travel and not have showered or slept in at least 24 hours and will need to stop, collapse... rent a hotel room at least once along the way. I can't ride straight through. I will pay for all rooms. 
2) The dogs need to move and can't be constantly locked in a crate in a car for the dive, after having done so in transit for so long already. Plus, will need to stop every couple hours for them, and for me, to walk. 
3) The arrival day in Colorado will likely be Thanksgiving and I know that is a major inconvenience for many. 
4) I will also have 3 large suitcases - all I will own by then.
5) Must have a dependable vehicle (auto repair is not paid for) and not drive like a maniac. 

So, how is that for a graceless start to my new van dwelling life? 

Thanks for reading. Cheers!
Nola

Nola,

Could you hotel a day or two on arrival in LA for rest, then fly from there to Boulder? Just a thought since it would be two long driving days to Boulder from LA.

If you don't find a ride here look on craigslist in LA in the section called "rideshare". That is a section where people offer and request rides. Boulder is a University town and University towns see a lot of ride offers originating in other large cities.

Of course another option is to get a room overnight and the next day catch a flight to Denver, CO where you can rent that Uhaul or car to take you to Boulder. There are also buses and shuttles between Denver and Boulder.

one other thing you might need. There are websites that list motels that are dog friendly. You might want to plan which ones you are most likely to stop at on your drive or even for a day or so in the LA area to get yourself in sync with the new time zone.

You are arriving the day before the Thanksgiving holiday long weekend traveling begins on Wednesday. Good luck.

That is probably the worst driving day of the year in the worst driving city in the country. My hometown and I’ve lived here 57 years other than overseas. You really would do better to rest and leave on Thanksgiving Day when it quiets down. And be very very cautious about Los Angeles CL.

I might be able to fins you someone. If you get this squared away would you please mark it on the thread so I'm not jumping through too many hoops? Also, I know the people I call (people who used to do deliveries for me when I had an antique store in Torrance CA) will want to know HOW good the good pay is.

The other way to go, of course, would be to hire someone to pick up the conversion van and drive it down to meet you with it at LAX.

Our standard mileage reimbursement amount at the company I work for (for 2019) is .58 a mile both ways. This trip is 15.5 hrs in each direction, and 1044 miles in each direction. Unless you can employ an OTR trucker who is headed that direction anyway, it may end up being expensive.

I've been meandering without destination and am currently very near LA. While Boulder is not where I want to land this time of year, if the pay is good enough, I can help!

I was a professional driver for many years and have done paid road trips transporting others before.

Let me know if you are still looking for help.

Sorry, I am a newbie. When it notified my email in first reply I thought it would notify me all the time and I thought no one was responding. Rookie mistake on my part. Not I am trying to reach you in private to talk to you about what I will pay and am definitely interested and it pays well (in my humble opinion). I will keep trying to see how to reach out in private feel free to do the same if I fail.

Cheers!
Nola

Nola, across the bottom of every post there is a list of options. click on the one that says PM. that's Private Mail. highdesertranger