Getting close, getting nervous!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayble

Reaction score
I have a deal on my house, expecting the contract any minute.  Now that it's actually happening, I'm kinda freaking out a little bit :)
I know it's a step forward, but man what a big step!  I'll be staying with a friend while I save money, pay off debts and finish the van.

I've owned this place for over 20 years, so the idea of not going "home" after work every day is going to take some getting used to.  I wonder how many times I'll pull into the driveway before I remember I don't live there anymore.

I leave in 5 days. I'm freaking out too. I've been houseless for two years but I haven't traveled since April. I too am freaking out.

I think it's almost time for a few of us here to make the plunge.. I've been getting myself in position to full time it for a while now and my goal is October first. So yes!!! Freaking out a little as that deadline is a week away and I'm not quite ready. But ready or not here I come.

I was planning on staying still to do some more work but I'm beginning to see that as just an excuse. It's time to fledge. I imagine given a choice most of us would stay still and deal what crap comes up.
This for me is no different then Sunday night having to leave the comfort of a non moving house to get in the semi. Once I was there everything was awesome. Just doing it every week was a chore.

Gosh !
You shall have some fun and excitement on your way !
wheels

I know what you mean! I have been trying to launch this coming week. I am not going to make it.

BUt, after a couple of years of planning and doing...finally...I will be on the road before thanksgiving for sure. Hoping it will be Halloween. I understand the nerves...and jitters.
Even though I have been a nomad, never before without a well understood destination each time I got back into my vehicle.

I hope to meet a lot of the tribe along the path. I'll be on the look out for you.

It's nothing to sweat over .......
Wherever you go , there you are !

It seems every time I have everything figured out some douchebag decides to be a... douchebag. I finally found another woman nomad that has hung up her traveling pants and she's selling me her bus. And as far as I know I get on a train Thursday and go pick up my new home. For all of you on the fence....Just do it!

:s  Just got back from looking at a Van. After 2 blocks I felt like the tranny would fall oiut at the next turn ....Had to walk away when I came to a stop and it stalled in the middle of the block testing the brakes.  May next time????

Yeah... apparently I am not going to make it out this week. Two buses so far that won't be mine. Thursday I'm going to go look at a shuttle bus. I'm pretty frustrated but I suppose since I've already made it two years full time in this shitty little mini van a little bit longer won't be the worse thing I've had to endure.

Wow I have to stop and breath for a moment. I just missed a buy on a Ford 2500 460 with a full cab-over with commode and shower on board. $2900.00 Another buyer was all ready at the site and he snapped it up in a blink of the eye. May be next time. See ya when I get on the road. Robert Long (aka Tweedle2)..Happy Trails all.

My only freak out has been getting here and not immediately having a job for winter...my lack of patience is seriously my worse trait. I know I won't be homeless, obviously, but it is definitely a stress factor. I've never just hit the road, despite being a nomad most of my adult life, without a job before I left. I have something I applied for that I really want so hoping I get it...it would be perfect for me.

You'll be fine. I never found myself heading towards my old driveway except intentionally.

T2 & GC... No worries, they made so many of these things they built Huge factories to do it in !
...and I wish I looked at things closer, myself ! lol
wheels

tweedle2 said:
Wow  I have to stop and breath for a moment.  I just missed a buy on a Ford 2500 460 with a full cab-over with commode and shower on board.  $2900.00  Another buyer was all ready at the site and he snapped it up in a blink of the eye.  May be next time.  See ya when I get on the road.  Robert Long (aka Tweedle2)..Happy Trails all.    (Extra Post Added)   P.S.  I think I may just throw all my camping gear in the back of my Pick-Up, a little Ford Ranger 4X4 standard cab long bed 1994 and head out to the RTR as is and ruff it for two weeks (me and my little dog ).  It could not be all that bad extra blankets will do just fine.  I need to see life as a Van Dweller even if it is the size of a Sardine Can and not a van at all.  I did hear Bob Wells say it dose not matter what you live in, your a Van Dweller if you say you are.   :D