Generator

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<EM><STRONG><SPAN style="COLOR: #888888">Don't own one but Ryobi make some good stuff. Just check how noisy it is if you can. Some are noisier than others.</SPAN></STRONG></EM><BR><EM><STRONG><SPAN style="COLOR: #888888">Geoff</SPAN></STRONG></EM>

I have a cheapy from harbor freight but here is a review on youtube. at the 3min mark they actuall get around to starting it so you can here it run.<br><a href="" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"><br></a>

Sounds ok&nbsp;<br>maybe louder than the Honda but quite a large $ saving thanks for the link<br>Royz

Interesting it looks like it is a homedepot exclusive? &nbsp;Seems to have positive reviews. &nbsp;I was comparing specs with honda and yamaha 2000 series and I have a feeling that while it is a inverter generator it may not be able to vary engine rpm &nbsp;based on load. &nbsp;It looks like it is either at idle or full out. &nbsp;I would try to find out if I am correct on this, because that is whats nice about honda and yamaha they run at the rpm required for max fuel efficiency. &nbsp;The fuel efficiency specs seem a bit low in comparison.<br>I would be curious on how good there warranty service is.<br><br>It does look like its worth looking into though, people like it and its quiet.

I see the Robi is rated no more than 5 hours at 500 watts. I could find no limit on the Honda except at over 1600 watts.