Window Film

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stillwater

Reaction score
Not a new idea but at least my review of such.<br><br>http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...rd=window+film&amp;storeId=10051#.UOSyrLaiVak<br><br>36"x72" for 30 bucks. Like many others, I tried the DIY window tinting 30 years ago. This was a rubbery substance that was impossible to make look ok. This window film is different. It's actually rather stiff. My E250 side windows and rear door windows are all around 18" x 21", roughly. <br><br>I made (very poor job) some opaque, dark green curtains from a roll of fabric at Goodwill. They worked great and keep the inside much cooler in the heat. When it gets cold outside though, a little light during the day is a good thing to maintain the heat. I don't however, want everyone looking inside.<br><br>Install? Easy. I paid the extra three bucks for the application spray (not much different than Windex, I guess,) cut it out, and a&nbsp; driver's license to smooth away the bubbles. The stuff freezes less quickly than Windex but you've still got a narrow window at 18F. What was I thinking?<br><br>Stealth? You can see movement inside when backlit at night, so that's the time for the curtains. During the day? Nothing. Best part? Natural light!<br><br>