generator fuel

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caretaker

Reaction score
fuel for generators, i use marina gas. its alc. free mid grade has stabilizers, is formulated to sit for  long periods of time. and today it costs $3.55 a gal. your genny will  thank you

As both of my generators are mounted systems, one an Onan 2800 and the other an Onan 7.5kw. For the big moho with the 7.5kw genset, I put an adequate amount of Seafoam in the vehicle's gas tank, and run the generator for an hour or so to make sure that the Seafoam makes it through the genset's systems before I store the moho for the winter. The B-van, I just run regularly, and I run enough gas through it that it doesn't sit and get stale.

I plan to convert my robin subaru to propane. Actually snorkel, so can use NG or petrol as needed.

I use only non-E10 gas in my gensets and small engine yard gear. I am also a believer in Seafoam, since my motorcycle riding days. All my riding buddies used it.

i use sea foam in my diesels, and stabil in my gasoline engines. the only reason i use stabile in gas is because its easier to use because of the container

I just ran my generator Wednesday. The first since last year, maybe September. I used gasoline from a container stored in my garage from spring 2015. I used Stabil in the pump gas. The generator ran fine. It had been put away with a little less than 1/2 a tank of gasoline that was from the same container.

In my very cheap generator I used propane only, even though it's dual fuel.

But it there a fuel that silences generators? ;)

Pickle juice
Genny will make so sound whatsoever
also no power whatsoever
trade offs  :angel: