GEAUX-PRIUS Cowboy

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GEAUX- PRIUS Cowboy

Geauxfrugal
Reaction score
Say it in your BIO how to build your BIO? Good question took me a while to learn. UPPER LEFT HAND OF THIS SCREEN You see the Control Panel For : User CP ? Click that. Then you look for EDIT PROFILE you can change your pix add information about you so when people want to know what you want to tell it is there. 

I am a former laborer, commercial fisherman, turned trucker. Thanks to a tornado my life as a trucker was turned into the life of a grid tied man. Why do I stay home so much? Because it is where my stuff is also I save the most money this way. Grid tied is not the most affordable way of life but when it comes to quality of life it is pretty good. I practice the homeless or off grid life for hurricane preparedness. Right now we are in the grips of summer 6/30/2017 and I am not ashamed to say I spend my nights in my 4x4x8 run away camper. Why? Because it keeps a temp of 65 with my little window unit.

About me well I NEVER was awarded the medal of honor, but I did my best to help people most my life I have saved many lives but had to leave because you can be one or the other a good Samaritan or a good trucker can't be both I saved the life then I hauled ass out of there because I don't get paid to save lives like cops do I get paid to bring stuff to people to go to work and complain about the trucks in their way bringing them more stuff so they can go to work again. I have  Come to learn that no good deed goes unpunished and developed a cynical method of helping. That being sharing of information. Worth far more than giving to people or helping them in their daisy chain of never ending issues. I would love to be able to help everybody all the time but that is not beneficial for them or for you. Abe Lincoln said it best , The worst thing I can do for somebody I love is do for them something they should have done for themselves. 

Yes I know I need help too and I get it with AAA ,health insurance, car insurance , good credit, regular oil changes, fresh INSURED WALMART tires, sun protection,decent shelter, keeping up with my medication , exercise daily, planet fitness (PLNT) etc.  Yes my way is a bit more expensive but I pay these people because I can count on them.

Books well I like practical common sense books that train you how to get what you need no matter what. What are these books? The art and science of dumpster diving by Paul Hoffman. Almost anything you need is in the trash it is the wonderful world we live in here in USA. The streets in USA are paved with gold if you know where to look. Public library is one of the best gifts you could have.   The bible is a good start A book bu Cody Linden "When all hell breaks loose. This is a FREE survival article all should read= http://www.donrearic.com/jobhomeless.html

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

diesel-long-haul-trucking-driver-meme.jpg

Welcome! I was in the transportation industry (had an owner operated trucking company) for 10 years!

Profiter de votre séjour!!

Attachments

• diesel-long-haul-trucking-driver-meme.jpg
    diesel-long-haul-trucking-driver-meme.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 6
:) Hello and Welcome!
  I like to Dumpster Dive too.  My most recent finds were a tool box with several Craftsman and Pro Service wrenches and socket sets, and a pair of heavy rubber chocks, now my Safari van and Aliner T.T. both have a pair. Also 15 new black rubber bungees in original containers.  All found at the same time.  The tools were the best part of that as I don't have many.   :D The price was right too!

Thanks for the link at the bottom of your post.

Jewellann and Queenie aka Fat Possum

To Geaux Prius Cowboy and AbuelaLoca: 

Somethin' ate the first part of this.  It was a welcome to GPC  which I've rewritten and sent.  Then the below was the rest of my post.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now listen you two.  Do I need to learn Frenglish?  I already speak Texican and Spanglish, some Truck, and Al-a-bam-ian.  THEY BOIL PEANUTS DOWN HERE YA'LL   :D

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
AbuelaLoca said:
:) From one Senora Loca to another see above^^^^^
I like that poster!!  My son once wrote a school report on what a parent did when they went to work.  His was about his Mama driving a truck.  He was asked didn't he mean his Father?  He said to me " I told 'em nope, he doesn't have any fun when he goes to work!"  Out of the mouths of babes.  His favorite work as an adult.....driving a truck......what else?

Jewellann

~~~~~WHAT'S IT?  ~~~~~

Txjaybird said:
To Geaux Prius Cowboy and AbuelaLoca: 

Somethin' ate the first part of this.  It was a welcome to GPC  which I've rewritten and sent.  Then the below was the rest of my post.

Now listen you two.  Do I need to learn Frenglish?  I already speak Texican and Spanglish, some Truck, and Al-a-bam-ian.  THEY BOIL PEANUTS DOWN HERE YA'LL   :D

Enjoy your stay :)

Txjaybird said:
"...I like to Dumpster Dive too.  ..."

After watching (I think) this video, I'd be extra careful about dumpster diving!
Pooping in a car van or RV

Gardenias said:

I hate to call it dumpster diving. I rather see myself as a scrounge artists. That is what they called them in WW2 You know it was scrounge artists that got the Allies moving again in Market Garden. They could not bust through the hedge rows but some genius in the Army devised a solution. They took the iron on the beach the Germans left there to bust holes in boats and they made hedge eaters. Boom the large number of Sherman tanks were able to spread out get off the main roads and had a chance at getting deeper into enemy territory.

A scrounge artists doesn't look at life like the heelots do? He isn't homeless he just has not found a suitable place or way to sleep yet. A scrounge artists will not judge his life by his means nope that is done by the ends all a scrounge artist seeks are solutions the heelots brings him problems.