Future Nomad

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreaming-blue

Reaction score
Greetings all!  

I have been lurking here for some time and started making lists on all the stuff I am ready to get rid of and what I would like to have room for.  Bob, I have also found a wealth of info in your blog posts, and I’m taking notes on things I will need (with your corresponding Amazon links). 

I have been wanting to get out on the road again for a very long time. Once upon a time I lived in a 1972 Ford station wagon for 3 years and traveled all over the U.S. …good times!  I’m approaching 60 and still a hippie at heart  :D   At the moment I'm also caregiver for my 86 year-old mom so I have  time to plan my future nomadic life!

Sure do appreciate the resources on this site and the great ideas in the forums. Looking forward to getting to know you all better and perhaps meeting one day at the RTR!

Welcome. You are right; there is a wealth of information here!

Welcome to the CRVL forums dreaming-blue! Once you've experienced life on the road it's hard to go back to stationary living. :) Good luck with your plans and in the meantime enjoy the time with your mom.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome aboard DB !
A quote from the Betts , way to go !

Welcome to the CRVL forum :) 

Yes, you will have this to come to when your Mom is napping and you just need to let your mind go on the road.   It is your time to dream some and map out plan for where you want to go and how you want to
build a rig to do it with. 

The bottom site below in my signature line may be of use to you in your free time.  

All the best !

Dreaming... I can empathize with your situation. I got in a little more than 6 months of boondock van dwelling.. then my sister passed, my mom's dementia got a lot worse... and since then I've needed to be close at hand for her.

But I keep my homemade van rig set to go for when the doctor appointments are not so closely spaced, etc.

So you are making good choices to plan for travel while your priority is your mom. There is a lot you can make decisions about. And having even small actions you can take should help you remember you will make those traveling dreams come true when the time is right.

Btw, I'm also a sort of ex-hippie. At least my conservative dad called me that all through my college years. LOL

Latest posts