Front Parking Sensor

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cargovanconversion

Reaction score
Some time ago I installed a backup parking sensor and couldn't do without it anymore. Although I have a backup camera, the audible signal from the sensor works great. Now I installed one behind the front bumper.

front-sensor-package.jpg

This installation was more complicated than the other; the removal of the front bumper of my Ford Transit, getting through the firewall and finding a power source and location for a manual switch.

ford-transit-remove-headlight.jpg

As always, I have detailed every step on the Project’s Page, and added lots of pictures and videos.

Comments are welcome!

Van Williams

front-sensor-switch-on-off.jpg

ccbreder said:
How did you convert the dodge into a ford? :)

Put the Ford emblem on it.....

But your right; should change that :mad:
[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Save[/font]

Why do you need something to beep at you when driving forward? :huh:

Does the manual switch not entail a greater presence of mind than looking out the windshield?

Not criticizing, I just don't understand the benefit yet.

TMG51 said:
Why do you need something to beep at you when driving forward? :huh:

Does the manual switch not entail a greater presence of mind than looking out the windshield?

Not criticizing, I just don't understand the benefit yet.

I regularly park facing another vehicle and I can creep up to within a couple of inches, whether I can see the opposing bumper or not.Very useful in big cities or Canada, where parking spots tend to be smaller. It's just another layer of protection for an otherwise blind spot. Hope that makes sense.

Van Williams

[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Save[/font]