Found this Econoline 250 at a local dealer

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In his YouTube video of what van to buy, Bill warns against purchasing Fords of that year and other years because of spark plug thread failure.

OTOH It looks clean and if it survived 100,000 miles, it is most likely OK.

This Bill.

Look at 10:00 minutes into this video.

[video=youtube]

Thanks for the video! It was very informatative. I am partial to fords myself, and I did not know about the spark plug issue. I am capable of doing most of my own work. But something like that would be a pain.

Nowak1981 said:
I was just browsing and I came across this on craigslist.  Its at a local dealer and I wonder if it might be worth taking a look at.  Based on what I have been finding, this seems like a good deal.  Any opinions?

Might help i put the link on it
https://www.willisautocampus.com/used/Ford/2005-Ford-E-250-9da80ddf0a0e0ae7682674b8f553754c.htm

Looks like a nice looking van. I like the individual rear seating instead of the typical bench style seats. The seat covers appear to be in good shape (no tears, rips, stains, etc) which might mean they first owner took good care of it. Ask the seller if they can provide all the maintenance records from the previous owner. If you like it after looking at it offer them a few grand less and work from there on price.

Bob is right as far as he goes, but he neglected to mention that Ford - eventually - solved their spark plug problems.  Anything after 2008 doesn't have those problems anymore.  

But yeah, I wouldn't buy a 2005 van with those engines.