Ford Transit built in AT&T Hotspot

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoingMobile

Reaction score
I just bought a Ford Transit Van that comes with a built in mobile hot spot called Ford Pass Connect. You need to contract with AT&T for service. Fine print reads: "Data Restrictions: After 22GB of data usage on vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot in a bill cycle, for the rest of the cycle AT&T may slow data speeds on vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot during periods of network congestion. Pricing: $20 per vehicle monthly plan charge" It appears that there is some sort of antenna device on the roof.

Has anyone tried this?

That is essentially the same plan as the Mobley, Connected Car data plan.

It's a good plan but be sure to check this part: Make sure you can use the service when the vehicle engine is not running...either by turning on the ignition to ACC or some other switch or method of keeping the device and service ON when the vehicle is not 'ON'...

HaHaHaHa.... they won't slow your data speed. They just say that. I use an AT$T hot spot with unlimited data. After the second day in the billing cycle I get an email every month saying I'm in the top 5% of data usage and my speed my be slowed down. Never happens. The rest of the month I use it like normal. Stream Netflix, Youtube, whatever. Never slows down.

They have a free trial period. Think I'll activate that and see for myself about usage with the ignition off and slowed speeds, etc. I have Verizon now and did a MIFI device a couple of years ago and they did really slow it down to where you could no longer stream anything and had molasses like speed.