For Christian Van Dwellers...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JuliaAnne2018 said:
....barely even a member on this forum but 24 hours and got slammed by someone who has no idea who I am at all.....
You will get slammed from time to time on the internet. As you would in a face to face conversation, you can either walk away, or you can change the subject for a while. That's just life and has hapoened to all of us.

That said, Bob has requested that we be helpful and nice to each other. You can PM a moderator if you think something is wrong - offensive or argumentative posts can be deleted by the moderator. But also, problem threads get closed. You will see some threads where no discussion is allowed, only reference links. Maybe you should try that, just posting links with no discussion. With each link, you also post a description, such as link to article, link to video, etc.
-crofter

I have one guy that follows me post to post and tries to argue or trash me. I muted him. I don’t read anything he posts. I don’t mind a good debate but when someone follows you they are weird.There are some disturbed people on here although some super kind ones too. Kinda like real life. ?
If it’s just a disagreement ignore it or use the women’s forum. It’s a nice place. That’s why Bob kept it.

ImagineGoTravel said:
Wow! North Idaho! You certainly can't complain about it being too warm in winter. Gorgeous snow, I'm sure! Are you a snowbird?

I intended to be a snowbird, but apparently God didn't want that for me. I recently made a video about this: Why I am no longer a full-time vandweller. I might get back to full-time vandwelling later, but right now doesn't seem like the right time. I still sleep in my van, but it is parked in one place every night.

Psalm 91 New International Version (NIV)

1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”

ok I deleted a whole series of posts. with a title like this I knew it was only a matter of time. please try to stay on subject or at least the spirit of the subject. if you just want to slam religion don't post. see how easy that is. highdesertranger

I posted the Psalm 91. I kept seeing that sign in the yards of many where I am living in Louisiana currently. After looking it up, it must be because of the pandemic. It scared alot of people and south Louisiana was hit pretty hard. My mother grew up cajun and my father was from Mississippi..lol.

Sofisintown said:
Forgive me father, for I sinned!
Where's the TU button when you really need it? Mea culpa.

travelaround said:
....I still sleep in my van, but it is parked in one place every night.
I am doing that, still a dweller if your van is your bedroom. 
-crofter

travelaround said:
I intended to be a snowbird, but apparently God didn't want that for me. I recently made a video about this: Why I am no longer a full-time vandweller. I might get back to full-time vandwelling later, but right now doesn't seem like the right time. I still sleep in my van, but it is parked in one place every night.

I visited your YouTube channel and was intrigued. Will be checking out some of your vids when I can, especially Why I Am No Longer...

Have read this entire thread and except for my interaction with travelaround, I am thoroughly confused. I don't know what I can post as a Christian, and what I cannot post. How disappointing! I don't blame the Mods though for wanting to keep discussions on target.

" I don't know what I can post as a Christian, and what I cannot post."

easy, don't preach.

highdesertranger

For those whose religion is an important matter in their life, if they feel called they can become ordained as a minister
for free with the Universal Life Church. Just takes minutes online.

Remember, there are many forms of ministry. Some preach the word, some would only wish to do certain other things that aid and assist the Church. (some with trades may paint, do carpentry, electrical, grounds keeping etc as their outreach, and I've met more than a few at my Church)

It is a wonderful possibility for those who choose the Nomadic life. It is nice to think that there may be men & women of faith and clergy among the Nomadic People. One never knows when they may be needed.

Universal Life Church free ordination

I did the Universal Life Church ordination about ten to fifteen years ago, before I became a Christian. This month on the 14th was my anniversary of being a Christian seven years now.

It's good to see some others here have done this. I was seeing the rare (hopefully) occasion where any of us would be near our end for whatever reason. Having the comfort of a minister at that time could be of the greatest importance.

It's something the Greater Nomadic Community should understand and support. And anyone who would choose to become ordained should spend some time learning the sacraments so they WILL be prepared if called on. (of which ever faith they practice)

The rites and rituals of Christianity.....the seven sacraments:

The Seven Sacraments are: Baptism, Confirmation,(becoming a member of the Church/Community) the Eucharist, (communion) Ordination, Marriage, Reconciliation,(penance/confession) and The Anointing of the Sick. The two most important sacraments are Baptism and the Eucharist. Baptism is the ritual prayer-action through which a person becomes a member of the Christian community, the Church

Your humble cheap RV could be a rolling ministry if you choose so. But the actual church....is the people of the congregation.

Some people laugh at my being an ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster but it's no joke. My faith is just as real as any other faith.

There are organizations that are willing to déprogram for free unfortunately most are located in large cities however if you distance yourself from the propaganda and the preachers for several months this is sometimes enough to bring one back to their senses. It is not easy as most programming starts in childhood. Good luck.

hugemoth said:
Some people laugh at my being an ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster but it's no joke. My faith is just as real as any other faith.
SO maybe instead of trolling this particular faith thread  you go make your own?

Forgot to mention earlier that I grew up Methodist and have always considered myself a Christian. My parents bought each of their 8 kids a Good News Bible and I finished reading it in college.

Latest posts