Foam Factory mattress failure

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Right before the 2016 RTR I purchased a twin size memory foam mattress from The Foam Factory.   It was HQ base foam and 5 pound memory foam, the best they offered.   It came with a 10 year guarantee.

About a month ago the mattress began hurting my back so I unzipped the cover and the photos that follow show the condition of the memory foam.

From the website under warranty:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]Issues the Warranty [/font]does not cover[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular] include, but are not limited to: normal softening, body impressions less than 1-1/2 inches, cracking, and/or splitting.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]____________________________[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular][size=small]I have looked at Casper and other memory foam websites and all the others cover cracking and/or splitting.[/font][/size]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular][size=small]In my research, memory foam usually does not make body impressions.   It is my opinion that the guarantee of the Foam Factory is useless and is illusory. [/font][/size]

Attachments

• foamfactory.jpg
    foamfactory.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 11
  • foamfactory2.jpg
    foamfactory2.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 7
yeah those are ugly. thanks for the report. that appears as if the foam is rotting. highdesertranger

Sounds like their legal team knew this would happen.

wayne49 said:
Sounds like their legal team knew this would happen.

Yup. When something's excluded from a warranty it's usually because they know there's a problem with it -- and because they know no one reads a warranty before buying.

How did Foam Factory respond to this? You did contact them?

Warranties were developed as a marketing tool.
i.e. ours has a guarantee so it must be better! And if you have a problem in the future, we will cover it by replace or repair or money back.
Except for.....

However, RV conditions and exposures are more extreme than typical home use. How much heat had yours been exposed to? Rigs left in the sun have much higher elevated temperatures than most homes. High temps are not foams best friend as well as more frequent use in a van when used for seating as well. Mattress use in a van is not typical.
And could probably be considered severe use.
Sorry yours hasn't held up and thx for the report.

As well, you can see the problem when ordering from an online only company, aftersales service and support. Sometimes, and for certain things, a sticks and bricks store is the way to go as you will have a better chance for support and service. One of the reasons why we all love Walmart, besides overnighting in the parking lot. :)

Latest posts