FNG from Richmond,VA.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim_Rockford

Reaction score
New on here, really didn't even know how popular or the fact this kinda cheaper version of camping and travel existed i only knew of camping, cabins and rvs and trailers,, I have recently decided I'm done with the so called "Normal " routine of life, the whole work hard , buy a house and keep making more money scam that Corporate American has brainwashed us with, I'm tired of paying more taxes because I try to get a little further ahead in life and have decided its time to get back to basics, I'm 42 and I'd like to travel and see some of this great country I gave up 8 years of my life to protect and enjoy myself and get rid of the stress before this country turns into the cesspool its headed towards becoming. Currently looking at 3/4 and 1 ton vans to convert.

so far this is my best find.
00B0B_1rD2Rm1jnyY_600x450.jpg

Welcome. I have about the same rig, just a cargo..
What are your plans to convert it to a living space?? Any plans where to travel??
Thanks for your service!!!

Hello and welcome.
I totally understand what you are saying about getting back to basics.
Good luck with the vehicle you find and the conversion.
Take care!

Thanks all, glad to see this is suckh an active forum
Right now I'm gonna block off one window in the back prolly the passenger side and build a small cabinet,countertop storage area, and on the otherside a small frame for a mattress , maybe a couple of solar panels on top , 2 deep cycle batteries and some LED lighting a invertor with a small power strip, and a freashwater tank and small sink / handheld shower wand off the backdoors similer to this guy, but I'll be useing a older coleman 2 burner camp stove or a G.I. medical stove kit, I seen several listed in norfolk are and I like how they break down and store. her eis a link to a restore of one.
http://www.colemancollectorsforum.com/post/before-and-before-523-stove-5969543

523-02.jpg

I'll prolly do something similer to this guy, http://emjayvanblog.wordpress.com/page/2/
but my bed will be smaller and off to the drivers side, Its just gonna be me living in it and traveling.

Welcome, you have come to the right place to learn about and get help. These folks have a huge knowledge base!!! Bill

yea not looking forward to it, I work for a tree company that does snow plowing..
gonna be a busy next 24 hours

Hi Jim!

yeah, this is a great forum here, and for information and genuinely educated opinions about living in a vehicle or on the road...it doesn't get any better! (plus, there's just alotta 'good eggs' on here!) :)

I ran a snowplow for awhile back when I lived in Wisconsin back in the early 80's. I really enjoyed it. It was one of the few jobs where I didn't mind the long hours.

Tell us more about yourself and yer new van.'

What kinda hobbies do ya got? Kids? Travel much??

Welcome to a great forum!!

Patrick in Oregon