Flying in to arrive at the RTR tomorrow!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikec1701

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been enjoying Bob's videos for several years, and like many of you watching a lot of other videos about tiny houses, RVing, van dwelling, and the like.

I do a lot of regional and cross-country driving in my current car, the tiny 2-seater Honda Insight, which is fantastic for mileage (over 70mpg), but abysmal for sleeping in (believe me, I've tried)  :s
I grew up mostly indoors, but I've found out over time that travelling and spending time in nature really makes me feel the most alive. At home I too easily give in to my introvert tendencies and wind up not doing not much of anything. When I'm on the road, I have completely different experiences that make me FEEL ALIVE AND CONNECTED to others and to the planet.

So the next step for me is to replace my awesome little car with a bigger one-- van, minivan, or pop-up truck camper?? and start a new process of discovering myself and what I need and would like in my life.  I look forward to lots of time nature, hiking, backpacking, and also to meeting likeminded travelers, and those with interesting stories to tell and wisdom to share.

So!  I decided at the last minute to fly out to Phoenix today, rent a small SUV, and meet up with the folks at the RTR. Hopefully I don't forget to pack anything too important!! :rolleyes:

Some of my interests include: photography and video editing, traditional health and healing, raw foods, hiking, hot springs, astronomy, independent and mainstream films, documentaries, hidden knowledge, ancient civilizations, justice, law, and equity. In addition to lots of time on the road, I've lived in Florida, Seattle, Pittsburgh, and Venezuela.

Temperatures permitting, find me in my conversation-starter-friendly Coral Castle, Seattle Film Fest, Wyoming Eclipse, or groovy rainbow tie-died t-shirts. 
biggrin.gif

So there we go!  That's my intro!

-Michael

Welcome to the CRVL forums Michael ! Sounds like you were born to vandwell!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks! If I wind up with any free time today I will do that! :) I may be posting more once I'm back!