FINDING YOUR TRIBE/CARAVAN

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have done a lot of traveling and seen many things. But as already mentioned, it was almost always on a time frame traveling to a specific destination. That takes definitely takes away some of the enjoyment.

I really enjoy taking day trips on my scooter or motorcycle without such restrictions. Several hours to most of the day experiencing freedom and stress free exploring/wandering...

Best to just focus on the step(s) you can do today that result in a positive action towards achieving your goal. All that worry about what might happen is draining your energy out. You need that energy to accomplish what you must get done now.

Do you already have a rig to live in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maki2 said:
Best to just focus on the step(s) you can do today that result in a positive action towards achieving your goal. All that worry about what might happen is draining your energy out. You need that energy to accomplish what you must get done now.

Exactly...I have time to relax all day now and I am alone all day....it’s wonderful..I know eventually I will get my energy levels up....I know I desperately need to be in nature to absorb her energy too...I feel that’s one of the reasons i am going through this to realize that..funny how this all works out and comes together after you’ve pushed yourself as far as you can go ...

Cammalu said:
Do you already have a rig to live in? 

Not yet....When my finances get straightened out I will know where I stand in a few months ...then I’ll start looking ...for a high top van , as new & low mileage as I can afford....

Well if you have a car you can always go on practice camping runs nearby. Are there any nice parks around where you live? I don’t know if you mentioned your location.

Yes, i have a car.. but i plan to self-repossess it .  I live in the mid-west, very nice parks in my area too.  I don't want to practice camping out here in the cold & snow in this car though.....it would be hell for me...lol....if i had a van it would be easier to do...

I applied for a veterans pension, and i am waiting to see if i get it...if i do, i will have enough money to buy a van outright...and then enough money to live on as a nomad....until then, i am using this time to recuperate from all the stress i've been through...and educating myself on how to survive as a nomad...so when i finally have enough money to buy a van, i will know what i need to get (supplies), and know exactly what i need to do...

Midwest? We are in KY part of the year.

I live in MN. I used to live in FLA. i haven't seen the Atlantic Ocean in about 30+ years.....and I AM CRAVING FOR IT !
I haven't had a vacation either for over 30 years !!! No wonder i'm half crazy !!!! lol

I used to live in a Florida also - and a dozen other places. I love the ocean too

Yeah, i thought i read somewhere on this forum that you had camped in FLA...that's why i mentioned it ;) 
I Also lived in NM and LOVED it so much !!!!!   I ran away to NM quite a few times since i lived there 40 years ago...
I have NEVER been to AZ !!!!!   I love the SKY and have heard it's one of the best places for Astronomers/ Observatories .

I lived south of Albuquerque about 20 miles or so for several years. I loved NM but the area got too much for me - crime got really bad.

badmotorscooter said:
I have done a lot of traveling and seen many things.  But as already mentioned, it was almost always on a time frame traveling to a specific destination.  That takes definitely takes away some of the enjoyment.

I really enjoy taking day trips on my scooter or motorcycle without such restrictions.  Several hours to most of the day experiencing freedom and stress free exploring/wandering...
Can I ask- if you just head out with no restrictions on time or final destination, how do you know how to get back? Or are you always going forward, with the plan to just sleep in the spot you ended up at, at the end of your journeying that day? If you're just out for a day trip, that suggests you have a home or spot to return to. So...how to figure out where you are/ how to get back?

I often go into a fast food place or gas station and ask where I am LOL. The reason I love my iPhone is the maps icon. You type in your destination and a voice tells you how to get there and if you veer off it gives you an alternate route. My iPhone changed my life!

Gypsy108 said:
As much as i LOVE to be alone....i am somewhat terrified of being at the wrong place at the wrong time...alone....i'm trying to get a feeling for this nomad life by learning as much as i can here....i know i MUST get out to the RTR's and meet ya'll in person.....some people here i feel very
Hi Gypsy, I think a lot of us feel the same.  I hope we all can get together and support each other in overcoming our fears, and reaching for whatever our dreams are :heart: Denise

^We have invited you to camp in Oregon.....just a couple weeks.......get ready to camp.....YES I'll build your bed when you get there....bring your supplies

We'll introduce you to more of the tribe

GG, any number of forum members can assure you that camping by Doug and Paulette is perfectly safe. Just sayin', in case you're concerened about hanging with internet strangers.

I just spent time in two different camps with them, and also was in their neighborhood at Quartzsite for months. I am unscathed, and better for the handy helps.

As much as i LOVE to be alone....i am somewhat terrified of being at the wrong place at the wrong time...alone

There are two ways to go through life. The first is being terrified of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. The second is ensuring that you as an individual have the necessary tools, training, and discipline to never find yourself in that situation.

There are two ways to go through life. The first is being terrified of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. The second is ensuring that you as an individual have the necessary tools, training, and discipline to never find yourself in that situation.

Or be able to handle it satisfactorily if you do, to continue that thought.

Starting small and working up to bigger challenges turns the mountain back into a molehill.