Finally looking forward to winter

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heartseed

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I am so happy to have found you! 

Living in my minivan for three months 7 years ago while traveling from Vermont to California and back again was heaven. The plan was to do that every winter, which worked with my job. Then I got married, etc etc (very happily). We have the one vehicle and my husband uses it 90% of the time. So, every day, I watch my escape vehicle, "The Blue Wonder", drive off without me in it. 

I got the spring back in my step ever since deciding that this was the last winter I would ever spend in Vermont all the way through. I am 49 and have spent over half of that time in Vermont, and most of my time here has been indoors either to stay warm or to stay cool or to avoid allergens. Vermont weather is not for me, although I have a wonderful circle of friends here and it is beautiful. I simply am not my whole self here. This past winter, I was wilting, pretty badly, then stood up and declared to my husband, "I am never doing winter like this again. I am going to live in the van in the desert next winter and I really hope you will join me".  :) Geeze, that felt good!!! His response was fabulous - I am a very lucky lady.  

I am excited to be planning the winter escape and lots of extended van/camping trips throughout the year - solo and with my husband. 

My absolute dream is to go to intentional eco-communities and spiritual centers (like ashrams) and volunteer for their community outreach and continue my own non-profit job from the road. And participate in lots of Kirtan singing. Would love to connect with others who share any of those interests. 

Thank you to everyone who makes CheapRVLiving possible!

VAN: 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Stow & Go Minivan.

Welcome heartseed to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Latest posts