Finally get to hit the road!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WanderLoveJosh

Reaction score
Well, it turns out we are leaving way sooner than expected, the itch to leave has been awful.  Original plan was Sept 29th, then we decided to bump it to Sept 2nd. Well once I told my boss the new game plan, that didn't sit well with her, so she told me my last day just needs to be friday. Hey, whatever, we get to finally get the wheels moving and live on the road, well kinda...  

We are gonna be stopping in north carolina for a little, a friends is gonna hook us up with some work, just some extra spending money then we will be making our way down to florida. We would love to get to meet some fellow van dwellers, so if you're around the east coast right now, let me know. So glad to have discovered this site, its been a great help. So huge thanks to bob, and everyone else on the forum, and I hope to see you on the road.

Cheers friends.

Your boss made it easy for you. Good times ahead.

Congratulations!  Freedom beckons!  See you on the road.   :)

Doesn't sound like the 3 weeks less pay put much of a kink in your plan . Always good to hear someone is heading out . (I'm kinda jealous) Have a smooth trip and soak up some Florida sunshine for me ! Actually , I'm getting plenty of sun here but Florida and sunshine just go together.................
Down a gallon of OJ made from sweet fresh ripe oranges, none of that here !

WanderLoveJosh said:
"...Well once I told my boss the new game plan, that didn't sit well with her, so she told me my last day just needs to be friday..."

Does that mean she is laying you off on Friday? If not, is she firing you? I'd be looking into unemployment. Her letting you go may make you qualify.

I hadn't thought about that... technically it would be me getting fired, I told her Sept 4th was gonna be my last day, and she said Friday aug 12th was my last day, I'm sure with the way she is she would try to spin it off in a way that she didn't fire me, but it looks pretty clear to me... I might have to look into that.

rvpopeye said:
Doesn't sound like the 3 weeks less pay put much of a kink in your plan . Always good to hear someone is heading out . (I'm kinda jealous) Have a smooth trip and soak up some Florida sunshine for me ! Actually , I'm getting plenty of sun here but Florida and sunshine just go together.................
Down a gallon of OJ made from sweet fresh ripe oranges, none of that here !

No not at all.. once we get to north carolina, we have friends that will be hooking us up with work, so its not biggie, technically in a sense we could go 5 months and not work, but id prefer to just work part time if we could and add to our savings for another month or so, then really just relax while down in florida this winter lol