Finally full time

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny Metal Tube

Reaction score
I spent a year and a half researching, designing, building, and testing a cargo/camper conversion. I sold my house on October 4th, paid off all my debts instantly, bought an RV, and moved the wife and myself down to Texas to establish residency at her parents' house.

This weekend, we left their house and moved to an RV park. We'll be travelling to California to visit family for Christmas, then coming back here to follow through with my medical stuff (sleep apnea). 

But as of two days ago, we're officially vandwellers, fulltimers, nomads; and I could not be happier.

Thanks for all you do, and keep being awesome!

I don't think I'll be attending the RTR in its present form. Too many people in too small a space, which leads to absolutely saturated cell towers, so I wouldn't be able to work during the RTR. Additionally, the seminars are scheduled during work hours. So I'd have to take vacation, and I'd rather use my vacation to travel and explore.  But yeah, maybe out there somewhere!

Congratulations Tiny Metal Tube!

We're not full-timers yet. And, for that matter, we might not ever choose to do it. But I'm the sort who could be happy doing it and my wife is more intrigued by the notion than I would have suspected.

You sold your house to get debt free and, perhaps, help finance this new lifestyle? Cool. That's the sort of thing I'd do and never look back.

I'm happy for you.

bluegoatwoods said:
You sold your house to get debt free and, perhaps, help finance this new lifestyle?  Cool.  That's the sort of thing I'd do and never look back.

Right on the money, so to speak. The van, conversion, and RV cost a pretty penny.

Don’t forget to get a 12v cord for your new CPAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiny Metal Tube said:
I don't think I'll be attending the RTR in its present form. Too many people in too small a space, which leads to absolutely saturated cell towers, so I wouldn't be able to work during the RTR. Additionally, the seminars are scheduled during work hours. So I'd have to take vacation, and I'd rather use my vacation to travel and explore.  But yeah, maybe out there somewhere!

It's not really a 'small space', you can camp hundreds or thousands of feet away from the main camping area...and I dont attend the seminars, mainly just hanging with a few friends on the periphery...enjoying the campfires and visiting with others. 

I do understand that the access to data might be a problem.  

At any rate, I only stay there a few days, then move to other areas around Q, such as the LTVA areas and the Quartzfest Ham Radio gathering.

But it's not for everyone, nor should it be....so enjoy the road!

:cool:

Quartzfest? I didn't know about that, thanks for the tip! I just got a Baofeng and my Technician guide is in the mail as we speak. Nice timing!

Latest posts