Finally did it......................

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maki2 said:
Nice cutter!

I have a  28" Titan 3 servo with ARMS. It does a great job on accurately cutting very small details. Plus it is so much quieter than the stepper motor cutters, that might be my favorite thing about it.

for those who know vinyl cutters the 28" Titan 3 servo ARMS is  rebranded by the USCutter company. It is a SAGA 720IIP cutter with a new name stuck on it.

first mod to my custom cabinet build

Decided I needed a slot to allow the vinyl to come up from below, instead of behind the cutter....

received_2118428778177315.jpeg

lots more room for movement below the murphy table...
received_233087350936356.jpeg

Attachments

• received_2118428778177315.jpeg
    received_2118428778177315.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 11
  • received_233087350936356.jpeg
    received_233087350936356.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 9
getting so close to hitting the road.... so hooked up city water via the garden hose...

water started pouring down on the ground from under the bathroom area..... went inside and looked like
the water was coming from under the sink... opened the two doors... it was dry.... couldn't get under the floor section there....

went outside... followed the stream up to just under the outdoor shower..... opened the outdoor shower door and 
water came spraying out... so turned off the water and opened the drain lines.

took out the the mixing valve box and started checking it out....
mixing valve 1.jpg

looks like this was the original mixing valve (2007) so was time to replace it anyway....
(texted the previous owner just to let them know - of course.. was fine last time they used it :)

cleaned up the valve and inspected it and found this

mixing valve 2.jpg

Attachments

• mixing valve 1.jpg
    mixing valve 1.jpg
    874.4 KB · Views: 11
  • mixing valve 2.jpg
    mixing valve 2.jpg
    774.9 KB · Views: 18
At least the replacements are pretty cheap. They're all plastic. I think he paid $18 for his.

B and C said:
At least the replacements are pretty cheap.  They're all plastic.  I think he paid $18 for his.

yes they are, I ordered new valve, hose and shower head... these are originals and are very brittle... so have new and now worries

If that split you might want to check for any other areas that might have frozen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cammalu said:
If that split you might want to check for any other areas that might have frozen

thanks... will be checking as soon as I get this back together monday.... one step at a time.. until its time to go..

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Sitting in my KZ toy hauler... waiting on my vinyl cutter to finish cutting the black sections of my back door logo.... [/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]cutter cutting 1.jpg[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]will cut all the colors, then weed them and put transfer tape on them and tomorrow put them on the back door [/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]cutter cutting 2.jpg[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Yeah! one more step finished.... 1 week from Monday I will be hitting the scary road... hooked up today and made the long trip to the end of the 75 foot driveway and backed it all the way up LOL... took a bit to figure out how to get it hooked up at first... but next time will be smoother.....[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]ok on to the next color for my logo and info for the back door...[/font]

Attachments

• cutter cutting 1.jpg
    cutter cutting 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • cutter cutting 2.jpg
    cutter cutting 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
The back door is done.... yeah!!

cut the lettering, weeded out the nonusable section

put on the transfer tape
3 letterig ready.jpg

cut the corners and then cut striping to enclose it...
4 border 1.jpg
5 top border.jpg
6 border done.jpg

fitted the lettering one line at a time...
7 wording going on.jpg
8 lettering.jpg
9 lettering.jpg

finished job... now on to something else
10 lettering.jpg

Attachments

• 3 letterig ready.jpg
    3 letterig ready.jpg
    970.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 4 border 1.jpg
    4 border 1.jpg
    816.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 5 top border.jpg
    5 top border.jpg
    867.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 6 border done.jpg
    6 border done.jpg
    745.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 7 wording going on.jpg
    7 wording going on.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • 8 lettering.jpg
    8 lettering.jpg
    912.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 9 lettering.jpg
    9 lettering.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • 10 lettering.jpg
    10 lettering.jpg
    918.6 KB · Views: 13
whoops... I see a minor problem LOL...

should be   facebook.com/theamericanwanderer   LOL... that one is another addy

oh well... quick and simple fix tomorrow....

I would have added your regular website and not just Facebook. many people don't do Facebook. if I saw that on the road I would never go there. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
I would have added your regular website and not just Facebook.  many people don't do Facebook.  if I saw that on the road I would never go there.  highdesertranger

I had thought I would, but its a long addy... but just might do it... will do some more layout work in the am... and see how it looks....

Vinyl cutter? Are they expensive? I had my rv painted and need new lettering.

Cammalu said:
Vinyl cutter?  Are they expensive?  I had my rv painted and need new lettering.

A professional cutter can be expensive... plus you need sign making software which can be up to 2500.00 for full blown versions... if your just doing your van, it would be cheaper to have someone do it that has a sign company

There is good quality professional equipment and software but there is also the home hobby end of the equipment and software. The hobby, entry level, machines do not have the ability to reliability cut as intricate of details, those machines just don't have as good of stepper motors to control movement as the professional machines. But you can still have a lot of fun with them doing some vinyl projects for yourself.

However, hobby entry level machines or professional machines they can both drive you round the bend now and again with issues. Such as the issue I had today when for some reason the computer was not communicating to the cutter. That meant I had to work my way through the troubleshooting tree by starting with checking to make sure the physical connection was good by checking to see if the plugs were engaged...yes, then trying a different cable...not the issue, the next step was to dig out the manual and see what it said about reinstalling the driver...nope not in the manual...so I log onto the forum and looked until I found out where in the software I needed to go to engage the function to reload the driver. Fortunately that did work and now I can cut again. But I am just posting that as an example to let you know these machines take patience and time to learn because they do have their quirks.

Trying to exactly recreate the graphics on an RV is quite a challenge as you won't know what font was used for the lettering. That means you may have to try to recreate it with the use of importing photos in a graphics program adjusting and rebuilding the design so it looks right and then you have to edit that image so it cuts properly. Doing that kind of work does require skills that take a while to develop. So what you are wanting to do will require many of hours of lessons that you will need to devote some time to. Plus you will then likely have to cut a number of prototypes before you achieve what you need.

Yeah!!!  finally got the wheel chock and Harley in the toy hauler.....
front wheel chock.jpg

first, two attempts didn't go so well... rode it up the ramp and it bottomed out on the floor edge which had an aluminum
angle iron cover... 

after fixing that, I decided to walk it up under power... NOPE.. still bottomed out... but spun the back wheel which peeled
off the small alum. angle off the top of the ramp, when the ramp is down is the first obstacle 

finally smartened up and put a 1" x 6" board at the top of the ramp to raise the back wheel enough to miss the bottom of the bike

rode it up with no problems...

I positioned the bike to help offset the weight of the custom cabinets and materials and also so I could still use my Murphy table...
bike in garage.jpg
bike in garage with table down.jpg

after getting that secure I installed my backup camera.... (need to install the monitor in my truck),  put on new stabilizers in the back...
backup camera.jpg

finally got my new replacement mixing valve that at some point in the past (before me) froze and split... will install that tomorrow...

My departure date is Monday the 14th of Jan.  going to Port O Connor Texas first, then will see what's next 

wish me luck... I'm driving an unproven toy vehicle and an unfamiliar RV.  It will be an adventure...

more to come.....

Attachments

• front wheel chock.jpg
    front wheel chock.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • bike in garage.jpg
    bike in garage.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • bike in garage with table down.jpg
    bike in garage with table down.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • backup camera.jpg
    backup camera.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
got my navigation center set up on a 15-minute console build.... will cover it with fabric later.....

Backup monitor and GPS, my cup holder is broken, so have a couple collapsable ones coming to mount on top

navagation panel.jpg

Getting close.... getting nervous

Attachments

• navagation panel.jpg
    navagation panel.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Good luck! I have a hunch that you're going to do well. You've solved every problem well so far.