Female from Seattle

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm just starting out... had 10 days on the road so far.  On my way back to Seattle over the next 2 weeks.

My rig:  Transit Connect Cargo van.  My brother helped me build a bed and got a 30x75 bed from Amazon.  Don't have a lot of other gear.

Had some good luck doing some free or cheap camping in Montana & North Dakota.  Hoping to find some nice spots in South Dakota & Wyoming.

Would love to convoy sometime.  Thinking about going down towards California in fall.

Welcome to the CRVL forums hotflashpacker! How has your trip been so far? Hope you're having a good time!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome thehotflashpacker!

I've got some family a little south of you in the Tacoma area. I love getting up there for visits. I wish I could do it more often.

That's a good way to start. I like cooking off my tail, rather than fully inside. I have a 5' walmart folding table that set back from the vehicle rear. It makes a darn good kitchen, even if not completely weather proof.

Welcome, thehotflashpacker! New at this myself, only at it for just over a month. Just drove down here to CA from ID for my son's wedding and then heading back to ID by June 1st to wrap up some business before heading out to NY in August. Lots of plans and lots to do!

Welcome, I’m in the Seattle area for a couple of months. I go back and forth from Seattle to Port Orchard. I will be heading back south to Arizona via California. It will be my third year heading south for the winter. I’m doing some mods repairs to my RV.

No idea when I’ll head out this year but I’m thinking about August. Haven’t decided which side of the Sierras to visit but I would like to explore more of the eastern side moving south.

7516807296_IMG_3500.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 7516807296_IMG_3500.JPG
    7516807296_IMG_3500.JPG
    703 KB
Headed up to Seattle myself to see new granddaughter at the end of June. Currently camped below Granite Peak just east of Milford UT for a few days. Great star viewing. Been at this for 5 years. Happy trails

Its a great way to start out. My first six months or so was a temp bed setup and a cooler. It took a while to even get an idea what I wanted to do in my build. Better to start slow and build from there. You end up building what you need and want the first time out that way

I made it back to Seattle.  Really loving the van life - camped for two weeks.  Bed is so comfy.   I found lots of free campgrounds, and got stuck with an expensive "swamp" in Yellowstone.

Hot flashes - not quite yet.  I started a travel blog over a year and a half ago and thought "thehotflashpacker" would be be funny name for a middle aged woman.

If anyone in the Seattle area would like to meet up, send me a PM.

I'm thinking about attending the meet up in Tillamook, OR in July.  I have to take some time off.  Would be cool to meet some of you.

I live in Seattle as well, would love to meet some of you as well, I need to consider a trailer or RV, rent is out of control and I still have some years at my job.

Latest posts