F-150 truck cap/canopy with full bathroom

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Svenn

Reaction score
In progress.  I'm building this as an all-purpose stealth vehicle for cities and country.

The water tank, 25 gallons, holds enough for I hope 3 days of navy showers for two people.  DryFlush. The bathroom requires an extreme crouching position... no one over 170lbs would probably fit.  

Access is through the cab through the rear sliding window, not through the outside, waist has to be less than about 36 to fit... bathroom door is even smaller.  I'll eventually wall in everything in the rear of the bed... might put a hammer in the bathroom in case I get trapped and need to smash out.  Gray shower water will leak slowly onto the pavement (yes I'll use organic soap), floor vent to get steam out.  Going to put a glossy white epoxy finish over the whole interior so it's seamless and hygienic.  That box midway up the bathroom holds a propane camp shower you reach in to turn on (4 carbon monoxide alarms throughout my camper!).  AC will go over that shower box, hitch box with generator and batteries will power the AC for about 3 hours each night if need be.  Many thanks to member SternWake for helping me figure that out!

Well I should get back to some more nasty fiberglassing! 

IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0023.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    1.4 MB
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    1 MB
Cool....wouldnt work for me, I havent been 170 lbs since I was 14.........

Now THAT'S how you put 10# in a 5# box !