Excited to be here--and there!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luanne

Reaction score
Just joined this forum, lucky me.  When my kids were young, we did loads of camping (loved it), but then they grew up, husband disappeared, and I could do anything I  wanted to do.  Moved to Ireland, loved it, but then when grandbabies appeared and older age was upon me, I moved back to the States (Phoenix area).  However, wanderlust is still within me—and I realize that while I might be over the hill, I’ve still got a lot of living to do. Over these many months of isolation, I’ve been hooked on YouTube discovering great possibilities for adventure and a safe community (thank you Bob). So last month I traded my car for a somewhat ‘hail damaged’ Sienna that is just perfect for hitting the road.  Plus, it was a great example for my grandkids as I told them it doesn’t matter what something looks like on the outside—it’s what’s inside that counts (P.S. they didn’t even notice the dimples, they were excited to be able to play inside).  And, the ‘dimples’ have proven to be a great conversation starter.  Now I’m looking forward to completing my all-important ‘shots’ so I’ll hopefully be safe as I set out to discover this exciting, new community.

Dimples may even increase the fuel mileage just like a golf ball with them goes farther than a smooth one! Welcome!

Welcome Luanne to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Highdesertranger

Luanne said:
So last month I traded my car for a somewhat ‘hail damaged’ Sienna that is just perfect for hitting the road. And, the ‘dimples’ have proven to be a great conversation starter.

There's a thread on the forum that asks what people name their vans. Yours will obviously have to be, "Dimples".

Welcome to the forum!