Everyone's out west.. Any Jersey Peeps?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isolated. I parked and walked all the way to the top of High Point Mountain. Gates close rught before sunset and I wanted to see the sunset. I pretty much ran back down... it was dark by the time I got back to my car. I know theres a slim chance of crime... but Im used to busy city...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ArmorAbby said:
NY, NJ, PA...?

*echo... echo... echo.....

Flower Girl here in New York City--

I myself have wondered if there was anyone out east...

Once in a while, I see someone on a thread mention the Northeast but then nothing much comes of it for one reason or another. 

Also, for those of us in the city, hearing "Northeast" and finding out the poster who says they live here means upper New Hampshire, or NY State near the Canadian border, well...let's just say many of us consider north of 59th Street "the Northeast"  :)

So while yes, those far northern areas bordering on Canada are technically speaking, the N.E., to me they might as well be in Colorado because one can't just meet up and talk. Or check out their rig. You get what I mean, I'm sure...

All that said, let me know if you'd ever like to meet up...I'm happy also to go to northern Jersey (if public transportation goes there)...I know not everyone likes coming into the city.

Talk soon, hopefully! Ciao for now--

No public transportation. For meetups, I mean RV & Vandwellers in this area tho ;)

Ok so it looks like there are a few of us that are local(including NYC).  Maybe we could get a consensus on a meetup.  I think probably meeting somewhere for a coffee or beer would be a good, simple first step along with possible times and dates.  Also, I am in Mount Tabor just off the rail line so a ride wouldn't be a problem, though it is a hour ride from the city.

ArmorAbby said:
NY, NJ, PA...?

*echo... echo... echo.....

Im in pa right now, battling the heat. only because of my elderly mom, otherwise i would be in wyoming. Where are you?

Yeah, not a fan of the heat.. but now with solar and running a fan at night.. it's not too terrible... I've been checking Craigslist for jobs in other areas. I'm in central NJ mostly.

Yeah, im hooked up to my sisters electric, running fan 24/7. I'm going to work sept oct then get ready for Arizona in January. I'm close to jersey, where in central jersey? I was going to go to del water gap for awhile, hard to find him land here

I'm in for a met-up for coffee and or lunch or a beer. No further up than Princeton area.

I am up for a meet-up in NYC or anywhere up to an hour from here in any direction-- Jersey (Princeton's fine) , upstate NY, Long Island, etc...

I had a years membership, and still did not get there. It is on my list of things that must happen. Lets do it.

Maybe those that need public transportation could Transit or Amtrak into Trenton, or other stops. Some one may find it convenient to pick up and drop back at station.

True, Hamilton and Trenton stations are both very close...
I had a membership when I lived in the area... it was so nice to be able to go anytime even if just to have a coffee...
Such a great place.

Ok, so Zil, so far it's you, acdfexpo and I going.
Have to check other responses.

Are you, and anyone else watching, ok with a weekend day in September?
We can start whittling down dates as we get more input.

I don't know my September schedule yet.. but I have a rough idea

GFS charges 15 day pass with an exact time admission policy. A years membership is $60, and allows walk-in admission. My appointments would not allow me a day trip there for most of this year.

Yeah, it gets pretty busy there. Its late and Im heading to sleep. Will think of other options later. In the Pines sounds fun too.

We are missing September! Sorry, Im so busy. BIG time (new) job hunting. I didnt forget our meetup. Wherever, Whenever...