Any Northeast Nomads on Here

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrailerManNJ

Reaction score
I recognize that most of the dyed-in-the-wool, longtime nomads on here are mostly clustered out west, but was wondering if any bounce around the northeast at all? As in NJ, PA, NY, DE, etc. If so, as I'll be going full-time by early spring of 2022, I wouldn't mind meeting up with other kindred spirits for some adventure and good laughs.

Even if you're ever just passing through for a few days, PM me.

I've been four months in the Southwest since leaving Massachusetts in September. It's great now but I've been giving a lot of thought to where to head to come spring and summer. Maybe go up and excursion around in Western Canada, but lately I've been thinking of heading back East for the summer. I have an unfulfilled hankering to do some camping in the NJ Pine Barrens. I spent a few days there in the mid 1970s and would like to revisit that.

Mostly though, I'm figuring on northern New England (Vermont, NH and Maine) as well as the NY Adirondacks. I camped in those areas a lot when they were just a few hours from home and always had a good time there. Also want to go back to Cape Breton in Nova Scotia and then explore a lot more of the Canadian maritime provinces.

If anybody wants to consider meeting on the road back East or just compare notes, best bet would be to keep an eye on my website. I'm sure I'll reveal my plans there once I make a decision. I can also be emailed from there. It's www.jeepliving.xyz.

Those are areas of my interest as well, but I won't be a snowbird until summer of 2023. I will watch your website for tips. Thanks.

I'm from upstate NY and heading south soon to enjoy Florida sun. WMA areas are great. Shhhhhhh

I have a trip planned for the northeast but I don't have a date yet. I will be going Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument and others sites. Not a lot of national parks out your way.

I'm in Virginia. Planning on being in my vardo/minivan upon completion in spring. Not sure yet (because of job) what the plans are long term. Might just live in the backyard and offer half the house to someone of a like mind.

Hi everyone, its been a while since I've posted in these forums. I've been hanging out on Facebook at Cargo Trailer Conversions, and have been trying to generate some interest in gatherings in the Northeast. We did have a gathering here in NY before Covid hit, and I made some wonderful connections with folks throughout the northeast. I am looking forward to retirement next year, and would love to spend some more time in the free boondocking sites in the Adirondacks of NY and the Green Mountains of VT. always looking to share a campfire with like minded individuals!

I'm from upstate NY and heading south soon to enjoy Florida sun. WMA areas are great. Shhhhhhh
I was in Florida winter before Covid, bouncing around from camping area to camping area. Worked my way north as it got warmer, from the Everglades to Ocala National Forest. Florida State Forests also have some great camping, as do some of the water control districts. I was in the lower Rio Grande Valley last winter and plan to return.

I spent a good chunk of my life in PA in the NEPA area, mostly near Scranton, PA. I plan to go visit there in May to see my kids/grand kids. Not sure if I will boondock at the national forest or camp at a state park or just stay at one of my kids apartments. Heck, I have a minivan so I could just stealth camp. I moved to Myrtle Beach in February of 2018 and we bought a home here. I plan to head out to Quartzsite leaving here on Jan 7th. Next year I might just take a trip around Florida instead, not sure. The northeast USA is beautiful, but mostly from May through September due to weather from my experience.

I'm from NWPA and have been in Q since early December. (5th season) As far as camping in the Scranton area, it will have to be state parks or the other methods you mentioned. The only National Forest in Pennsylvania is Allegheny National Forest and it is near Warren, PA on the west end of the state. There are lots of nice state parks in the area of Scranton, it depends upon where your family is located. 😁

I own 4 lot's and a little bachelor's pad in the Poconos' Mountains! Sadly I am staying with my elderly totally unappreciative mother in NJ. I so look forward to snowbirding from Nov 1st to May'ish lol.