Estimate for shelves

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CODeb

Reaction score
Hello. Anyone near Las Vegas that can give me an estimate for shelves.  I'm camping at Poverty Flatts near Overton, NV.  Thanks.  Deb

I am not in the area. there are sure to be plenty of carpenters in the area and some handyman services that can set you up

Hard to tell what someone may charge. Good carpentry costs much more than the average consumer expects. My buddy helped me and I initially was thinking 50 bux an hour..after I saw everything that went into making custom cabinetry I had to double it. I imagine a business would have charged more.

You can estimate your material costs figure your square footage and add a bit more for glue and screws. I think a 4x8 sheet of plywood is anywhere from 35-45ish dollars. If you want sliding drawers your gonna increase the cost as you will with laying down veneer.

You may want to consider  ready mades from home depot tho they are heavier you can pick out your finishes and you get nice drawers and hardware and such. Walmart also has some nice shelving/cabinet things. I picked up one of the cube shelf and am really happy with it. The clothe cubes that go with it are perfect. It was light weight, easily assembled and much much cheaper than paying for materials and labor AND time.

Post us a picture and give us a review of the handiwork when you get it finished.

Latest posts