Eradicating aging as a cause of death

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Extending our lives by maintenance is nothing new,  we have been improving this since the beginning of time through diet, medicine, environment, thanks to science. We have doubled our life expectancy in a few hundred years. Doubling it again in the next two hundred years, doesn't seem like a stretch to me. Living forever might be a little further away.

K1ngN0thing said:
...Maybe you can boil it down for me...

All of what you say has been said before by many many people. There is no original thought left to be discovered, just personal thought discovery. It's all been said and discussed, debated, argued a million times before, and almost every time a topic comes up, someone thinks they have a new take on it. That's not a negative thing because I think that most "thinkers" go through this phase of thinking...ah-ha! I got it all figured out!!! That last point is just a figure of speech, no need to let me know that you or anyone doesn't actually have it all figured out. Anyways, there's a reason that children are still starving to death even though there is more than enough food to feed them. Along with a thousand other wrongs that most people acknowledge as wrong and seemingly easily fixed, but are still not fixed or corrected. What is that reason/reasons?

Also look into/read up on using fallacies as a basis for an argument. When talking about your ideas/opinions, using logic and reason is the best way to come off as sounding like you put some thought into it.

Ridiculous and a scam. Cell death is part of proper homeostasis. Aging is part of your genetic makeup.

RVTravel said:
Ridiculous and a scam. Cell death is part of proper homeostasis. Aging is part of your genetic makeup.

SENS is definitely not a scam. Aubrey de Grey inherited $16m from his mother's death and put $13m toward the charity. Have you even bothered to read up on it? What evidence is there to suggest aging is part of our genetic makeup? That's been debated for a while. IMO, it isn't, because until recently, we didn't die of "old age" so the evolutionary process hasn't had time to "take that into consideration."

Cells can be replaced using stem cells, which is the proposed solution for cell loss. It's being done in some alzheimers patients, and it still doesn't work all the time, there have been successes.

I'm sorry King, but all your assumptions make me cringe. I've provided information for you - too much for me to summarize - to boil it down for you - in a post. Make the effort to learn things for yourself. You are trying to make rebuttals without even understanding the arguments.

Nor did I ever I ever say it's 'all going to hell'. Those are your words. Please don't put them in my mouth?

My last word: rather than trying to rely on assumptions about topics you dont understand, never studied, and never experienced, take the time to study and learn. Spend the last fifty or so years of your mortal existence actually learning something. Knowledge and experience might make your passing a bit easier for you to deal with. Don't waste your time waiting for technology to make life better for you. You'll miss out on so much. Start with economics and psychology - both will go a long way towards helping you figure people out, as well as givng you an understanding of the obstacles your fantasies face. No, I wont boil it down for you - there's too much material, you'll learn better doing the work yourself, and you're apparently not going to listen what others tell you, anyway.
Good luck to you.

Virtual war? You've been watching old Star Trek episodes? *grin*