eBikes

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the hand throttle just to get moving then the petal assist once I get going as it is easier for me to just rotate the petals with my legs than keep the strain on my wrist and I don't ever hardly shift out of high gear on the RadMini.

The hardest part is finding the right gear/power assist settings. 7 speed derailed and 5 power levels, I have found gear 6 or 7 and power 2 or 3 is about right.

Well I rode my bike to work this morning there was mud on the sidewalk and I slipped in the mud and fell off I will be sore for a few days.

It was some roads rash but other than that its ok. I will be driving the car back to work

My knee and the back of my right hand.

Attachments

• IMG_0074.jpeg
    IMG_0074.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0075.jpeg
    IMG_0075.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 5
Utah trikes has a solution at a huge expense but a recumbent trike sure would be nice! I have found slowing way down and riding a step thru frame really helps but I have a hard time making myself slow down. I wear a helmet, gloves, long sleeve shirt and long pants and just before I fall wish my grandchildren's knee and elbow pads would fit. I've been pretty lucky and haven't landed on a cactus yet! Hope you heal up soon!

Note to self, DON'T FALL OFF YOUR BIKE, IT HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!

“I think it is just terrible and disgusting how everyone has treated Lance Armstrong, especially after what he achieved, winning seven Tour de France races while on drugs. When I was on drugs, I couldn’t even find my bike.”

― Willie Nelson

Ouch. You scraped it up pretty good. That’s going to be sore for awhile.

Anyone get a video for us to watch?

I hope not.

I think the problem is the back wheel is powered and it spun on the mud and when sideways, I can ride around the muddy spot and take parking lot.

Well I guess its time for an update. Friday the 3rd, I was riding my bike home from work, and I blacked out, fell off my bike and broke my arm above the elbow.

I spent just over a week in the hospital and discharged last Saturday afternoon.

My bike is ok, I have moved out of the RV park and up to my cousins place, I will be here for a while, probably several months before I am healed enough to travel again.

Attachments

• IMG_0092.jpeg
    IMG_0092.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 7
JohnnyM said:
LOL

Freelander, you're gonna love that hand throttle

Ummm..

Once you get used to it ...

Johnny

Especially for us life long bikers.
My ebike has the twist throttle and I can't imagine it any other way.

Freelander said:
Well I guess its time for an update. Friday the 3rd, I was riding my bike home from work, and I blacked out, fell off my bike and broke my arm above the elbow.

I spent just over a week in the hospital and discharged last Saturday afternoon.

My bike is ok, I have moved out of the RV park and up to my cousins place, I will be here for a while, probably several months before I am healed enough to travel again.

Bummer.
I guess it's just a result of riding motorcycles for 50+ years.....but I can't go out on 2 wheels without at least protective gloves and a helmet.
Came off my bike once at 65 on a crowded highway at rush hour due to a muffler in the road but was heavy layer dressed for cold weather.
slid for about 100 yards, saw the bike go over me at least once.  
No scratches no scrapes but some REALLY sore places.

If you're prone to blackouts, I would seriously consider riding with good protection JIC.

Fast healin to ya.

PeterPiper said:
Bummer.
I guess it's just a result of riding motorcycles for 50+ years.....but I can't go out on 2 wheels without at least protective gloves and a helmet.
Came off my bike once at 65 on a crowded highway at rush hour due to a muffler in the road but was heavy layer dressed for cold weather.
slid for about 100 yards, saw the bike go over me at least once.  
No scratches no scrapes but some REALLY sore places.

If you're prone to blackouts, I would seriously consider riding with good protection JIC.

Fast healin to ya.

I was wearing my helmet and flashing vest, im not sure where happened at, I dont have any memory of it.

Freelander said:
I was wearing my helmet and flashing vest, im not sure where happened at, I dont have any memory of it.

I tend to agree with the above post.
If you're prone to blackouts, getting behind the wheel (or throttle) is risky at best ...for you and for others.

I think in the near future, most vehicles will be computer piloted like many Teslas are today.
They'll eventually perfect the technology and it'll become common, like color TV's did in the 50's/60's.

Also, have you had your blood pressure checked lately?

Finally,...if you have troubles with your ebike feel free to PM me.
As an avid electronics hobbyist/junkie I repair those for friends (and myself) frequently.

thought... if it is not remembered, was it a blackout or an accident from some other cause?

I tend to ride my ebike standing up if conditions are at all other than smooth tar..... sometime I think i would like to remove the pdelas and gear and weld on a couple of wide foot pegs... ;)

When I had a motorcycle I used to ride standing up, on the ebike it allows shifting your weight for gravel or sand.. or mud..

Bummer about the downs... much ouch... heal fast!

Yes I blacked out while riding it. I dont remember what happened, all I know is I woke up in the ER. Dont remember the Amblance ride the EMTs or any of that. I'm just glad I didn't get hit by a car.